Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today is opening day to the limited trails of pittsburg. IT is 12:00 35 degrees and overcast skies. I have just come back from an 86 mile ride from my home and am able to report on trails. getting from my place to perry stream(140) had snow but a little bumpy. perry stream to deer mt was very good. Deer mt is a single lane path with a lot of waterbars. 18 to 24 inches deep.( be very careful). deer mt to rt 3 is the same of deer mt , single lane and water bars. Once you cross rt 3 you are on gravel roads with plenty of snow. when you get to145 from east inlet road (boundry pond rd) to 144 , this area is all off gravel road and in rough shape but easily passable. 144 to tin camp ,trail 20 to maine and back to rt 3 ,east inlet was very good. the only trail that is open that is in need of a lot of attention was trail 147 the north end. their was a lot of trees down crossing the trail, water bars that we open. other than that it was a very good time. I forgot to say on my way back home I passed a groomer and stoped at groomer shed and saw 2 groomers out. I think things will improve daily. My average speed was around 25-30 mph. I had a good time and did not tear up the precious snow we have. please feel free to come up, I need the business, but if you are going to be an applehead and thrash the trail to see how the sled handles at high speed than please stay home for another week . thank you , steve at powderhorncabins.com P.S. you will be getting a report from pittsburg ridge runners soon ,I saw OVR out on the trails.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping the season will improve really soon. With only 200 miles on the odometer for last season in Pittsburg, I'm depressed and really want to ride soon.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
today is opening day to the limited trails of pittsburg. IT is 12:00 35 degrees and overcast skies. I have just come back from an 86 mile ride from my home and am able to report on trails. getting from my place to perry stream(140) had snow but a little bumpy. perry stream to deer mt was very good. Deer mt is a single lane path with a lot of waterbars. 18 to 24 inches deep.( be very careful). deer mt to rt 3 is the same of deer mt , single lane and water bars. Once you cross rt 3 you are on gravel roads with plenty of snow. when you get to145 from east inlet road (boundry pond rd) to 144 , this area is all off gravel road and in rough shape but easily passable. 144 to tin camp ,trail 20 to maine and back to rt 3 ,east inlet was very good. the only trail that is open that is in need of a lot of attention was trail 147 the north end. their was a lot of trees down crossing the trail, water bars that we open. other than that it was a very good time. I forgot to say on my way back home I passed a groomer and stoped at groomer shed and saw 2 groomers out. I think things will improve daily. My average speed was around 25-30 mph. I had a good time and did not tear up the precious snow we have. please feel free to come up, I need the business, but if you are going to be an applehead and thrash the trail to see how the sled handles at high speed than please stay home for another week . thank you , steve at powderhorncabins.com P.S. you will be getting a report from pittsburg ridge runners soon ,I saw OVR out on the trails.[/b]

we are meeting tonight, me and my girl, and 2 other couples, i think we will be heading up. figure with your 50% deal, even if we cant ride much its still a nice get away.

what time can i call till tonight?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we are meeting tonight, me and my girl, and 2 other couples, i think we will be heading up. figure with your 50% deal, even if we cant ride much its still a nice get away.

what time can i call till tonight?[/b]
Anytime before 10:00 pm . The 3 bedroom hot tub cabin is waiting for you.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Anytime before 10:00 pm . The 3 bedroom hot tub cabin is waiting for you.[/b]
what cabin is that?

i have stayed in cabin 1 and 2 a few times, but never the hot tub cabin!!! im feeling the love for that one!!!

pm me the rates on that for the weekend if you would.

friday night leave saturday afternoon. just get that fire wood key ready for me, we love the fireplace!!
if we dont come this weekend, next weekend is a must!!

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Just got back from a 60 mile ride, over four hours that took me from Metallak Shores to 139, to 140 north ( which was incredible ) to 141 (Deer Mtn, not so good) to 5 south to 145 and then all the way up to Boundry Pond. I met about 20 machines (quite a few trailered up to Deer mtn campground) and upon my return over Deer Mtn, met a Ridge Runners Pisten Bully grooming up 140. All in all a great first ride on a brand new GSX 550 fan that was very impressive. Most of the connector trails are in tough shape, but the gravel base logging road trails were very good shape. :div20:

Now if we can just keep the rain and warm temps away! :banghead:

pathfinder58 :cn:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
today is opening day to the limited trails of pittsburg.. ...... P.S. you will be getting a report from pittsburg ridge runners soon ,I saw OVR out on the trails.[/b]
Helga took this pic while OVR was napping in the hot tub. Thats why no report yet.

:mog: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :tease:

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Helga took this pic while OVR was napping in the hot tub. Thats why no report yet.

:mog: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :tease:[/b]
OVR is probably pretty beat, he was out running "Trail Patrol" today. I never saw him but everyone I talked to out there told me that they had just seen him. I had my "Trail Patrol" vest on also, so it worked out that for every one of the twenty or so people out there, there was "one tenth" of a trail patrol person looking out for them! LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Did you meet any "SKY-Pilots"??[/b]
Not a one! Everyone I met was pretty tame, but then again there were a few holes to watch out for too! :frech32:

I also think I saw lots of your tracks in some of your usual haunts looking for sheds.

Find any good ones? Pics?

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts

:mog: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :tease:[/b]
I assure you it felt really good! :div20: I wish I was in that pool of hot water right now. I hit one deep water bar today and I can really feel it already. :banghead: By tomorrow morning the Ibuprofen and the hot packs will be in use at Web Central. :frech32:

Mark :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
[attachment=279675:102_2373.jpg]

[attachment=279677:DSC03283.jpg]
YES those are browetines.[/b]
Nice pics! Those are always such exciting moments when you come upon a scene like that after covering half the world seeing nothing! To me, that's most of the value of the antler is that first second of realization of the "find". :div20:

We're all jealous!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts