Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Due to the warm temperatures and rain the last 48 hours; the trails in the lower elevations, including Deer Mountain and East Inlet areas are down to DIRT! Also the water bars and ditches are now full of water and it will take a few days of below freezing temperatures for them to drain and freeze.

Please stay off any trails that do not have a good solid base of snow and ice. The trails listed below will remain open; but if they are down to dirt and do not have 8" of fresh snow on them; please use common sense and do not ride on them.

We received about 1 inch of rain from Friday night through Saturday. He high temperature on Saturday was 54 degrees F. Overnight the temperature has gone down to 31 degrees F, it is overcast, windy and it has been spitting snow off and on this morning.

The forecast is for the possibility of some snow over the next few days with the temperature slowly falling to seasonal levels.

Mark :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Extremely busy! :tease: Only ONE customer! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did he eat all the Caribou Stew ????

:dunno:[/b]
No, but Helga and I make sure he had a big heaping bowl of it. :div20:

Mrak :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, here he is. :div20:

[attachment=280941:Chris_on...customer.jpg]

Chris, a fellow HCSer, was the only Warming Hut customer on opening day. Where were the rest of you HCS guys? :dunno:

·
Registered
317 Posts
LOL, Now how did I know that picture was going to end up on here!!!!!!!!!!! I got jumped, Mark had the camera waiting! Even funnier is that someoen actually recognizes me. Now that is scary!

The stew was really good!!! Plus a hot dog! It was nice meeting Mark and Helga. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Mark,
Weird year huh?
As always thanks a million for your trail reports. I have a question, why are the ridge runners leaving the trails open even though most are down to mud/dirt? I don't think I have ever seen a trail report with the condition listed as open - DIRT. :dunno:

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Hi Mark,
Weired year huh?
As always thanks a million for your trail reports. I have a question, why are the ridge runners leaving the trails open even though most are down to mud/dirt? I don't think I have ever seen a trail report with the condition listed as open - DIRT. :dunno:

Thanks
Tim[/b]
I was wondering the same thing.
SDR have re-closed all their trails

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Mark,
Weired year huh?

Thanks
Tim[/b]
Hi Tim,

Well, the responsibility after the trails are opened for the season is on the users. :div20: If they ride when they shouldn't, then they are responsible for any closures. :banghead: It is all up to the users. :div20: If you ride when you know you shouldn't, you risk having that trail closed. :banghead:

It is time that the snowmobile riding public takes responsibility for their actions. :div20:

p.s. (This is not directed at you Tim.) If you want to ride on DIRT be my guest. :frech32: The damage you do to your sled is surpassed many times by the damage you do to the snowmobile trail system in NH. :banghead:

·
Registered
162 Posts
that is the infamous larryv at the warming hut.....he said the trails were a bit rough, in fact he said the trails were all dirt, in fact he said he wished he had his cr250 or his banshee......what a classic photo......
and whoever said you went to school with larry, you are wrong, he dropped out in first grade and has been on the pipe in search of snow ever since....
Way to go larry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that is the infamous larryv at the warming hut.....he said the trails were a bit rough, in fact he said the trails were all dirt, in fact he said he wished he had his cr250 or his banshee......what a classic photo......
and whoever said you went to school with larry, you are wrong, he dropped out in first grade and has been on the pipe in search of snow ever since....
Way to go larry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Chris, uh!, Larry?, uh!, LarryV?;

I apologize for OUTING YOU! :banghead:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Tim,

Well, the responsibility after the trails are opened for the season is on the users. :div20: If they ride when they shouldn't, then they are responsible for any closures. :banghead: It is all up to the users. :div20: If you ride when you know you shouldn't, you risk having that trail closed. :banghead:

It is time that the snowmobile riding public takes responsibility for their actions. :div20:

p.s. (This is not directed at you Tim.) If you want to ride on DIRT be my guest. :frech32: The damage you do to your sled is surpassed many times by the damage you do to the snowmobile trail system in NH. :banghead:[/b]

Hi Mark,
I understand the direction. Just weird seeing OPEN - DIRT. I think it's time for the snow dance. :fluffy:

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Again,
Tim

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Mark,
I understand the direction. Just weird seeing OPEN - DIRT. I think it's time for the snow dance. :fluffy:

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Again,
Tim[/b]
Thank you Tim. :div20:

It is snowmobilers like you that keeps me going in spite of all the complaining. :div20:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts