Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

<div align="center">HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The weather has not been too cooperative with us this past week. The trails have more cover than they did, but still not enough. We have received about 1" of sleet overnight on top of the 4" of snow we picked up from the flurries between Christmas and New Year's Day.

The forecast is for a warming trend from the middle through the end of the week. Temperatures are forecast to be in the 30s for highs and in the upper teens to middle 20s at night. There is the possibility of some snow over the coming weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

John's weather page is experiencing some temporary problems, so be patient, they should be fixed in a few days.

Mark :beerchug:

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I am not one of those guys who is going to ride on the trails if they are not "open" but I see people are riding over at Bosebuck. There are also people riding above Bosebuck in the higher elevations. This entire area abuts the Pittsburg trail system. There is also a member who snowshoes and hunts for shed over on the Northeast side of Pittsburg's trail system and he has posted that he does not understand why the trails on this side of the state are not open :banghead: . Finally, I hear that Swift Diamond is rolling their trails and could be ridable by this weekend :div20: . Weather report say northern NH could get 1-4 inches of new snow Tuesday :div20: . So what is the deal with this part of the trail system and this part only :dunno: . I know that the trails around Youngs and south of Youngs and the trails west of First Conn do not get as much snow. If there is riding to be had northeast of First Conn then we should be able to ride if we are dedicated enough to go get the snow.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not one of those guys who is going to ride on the trails if they are not "open" but I see people are riding over at Bosebuck. There are also people riding above Bosebuck in the higher elevations. This entire area abuts the Pittsburg trail system. There is also a member who snowshoes and hunts for shed over on the Northeast side of Pittsburg's trail system and he has posted that he does not understand why the trails on this side of the state are not open :banghead: . Finally, I hear that Swift Diamond is rolling their trails and could be ridable by this weekend :div20: . Weather report say northern NH could get 1-4 inches of new snow Tuesday :div20: . So what is the deal with this part of the trail system and this part only :dunno: . I know that the trails around Youngs and south of Youngs and the trails west of First Conn do not get as much snow. If there is riding to be had northeast of First Conn then we should be able to ride if we are dedicated enough to go get the snow.[/b]
Many factors go into when the trails open. In order to get to the higher elevations you must travel over lower elevation trails that the landowners, BOT and the club have decided to keep closed at this time. Also there are many hazzards on the trails due to the lack of snow.

Don't shoot the messanger, the clubs can't control the weather. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to mention in my previous post. Check out the view that Web Cam #1 has this morning. :augen41:

<div align="center">[attachment=278222:icy.jpg]

If you want to ride in that along with low snow conditions, be my guest. :dunno: I will not stop you or report you! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OVP it's tought to tell on the webcams right now. what's it doing up there? Raining, frozen rain, sleet?[/b]
Dark Star don't take this personally, this is not directed at just you. :div20: But, I am getting just a little bit frustrated with many posters and e-mailers. :frech32: I just up dated the web site this morning with the trail and weather conditions and you are still asking me what the conditions are like???????????? :wtf:

OK, here is the skinny! :Wow1: There is ten feet of snow on the ground and the trails are the best they have ever been! :tease: :tease: Feel better now? :dunno:

G

·
ok so I suppose the view from that webcam is self evident, but I figured that once it is frozen over it will be that way for sometime and not necessarily represent the current weather. the cam looking at the lopstick parking lot as well as the one at bosebuck were more towards my question.

Long story short I am hoping that it is not raining and that it is ice or sleet.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so I suppose the view from that webcam is self evident, but I figured that once it is frozen over it will be that way for sometime and not necessarily represent the current weather. the cam looking at the lopstick parking lot as well as the one at bosebuck were more towards my question.

Long story short I am hoping that it is not raining and that it is ice or sleet.[/b]
It is freezing rain and sleet. Not much sleet. As soon as there is anything new to report, believe me I will get the information to you. :div20:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just scraped some of the ice off the window so you can see some of the lake on Web Cam #1. :div20:

G

·
Dark Star don't take this personally, this is not directed at just you. :div20: But, I am getting just a little bit frustrated with many posters and e-mailers. :frech32: I just up dated the web site this morning with the trail and weather conditions and you are still asking me what the conditions are like???????????? :wtf:

OK, here is the skinny! :Wow1: There is ten feet of snow on the ground and the trails are the best they have ever been! :tease: :tease: Feel better now? :dunno:

Mark :beerchug:[/b]
No worries man. I 'm sure this shit gets old. Everybody is pissed. I'm sitting here in RI wishing I were at my place in Pittsburg. Then I go into the garage and look at 06 F7 with 2 miles on it (none from me!) and I log into john's weather page for the fourth time since I got up at 7 this morning. Then I go on hcs and poke around...

I'm seriously thinking about a drink right now.

:beer:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Dark Star - we are all doing the same thing no worries your not alone.....:lam: P.s the 06 MXZ I have for my son has .1 miles ! :russian_roulette:

OVR thanks for providing the updates - once the snow settles in we'll all be riding rather than typing.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Thanks from me too Mark....now, next time you go out....could you scrape off that little corner you missed down on the left, 'cause we all know that over at that other place where thay are sleddin' they never would have left that much ice on the lens!

Just kinddin'!

:no_bashing:

:div20:

Truly, much thanks for all your patience and all your hard work!!! :banana:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Mark.[/b]

Thanks for clearing the windshield[/b]

Thanks from me too Mark....now, next time you go out....could you scrape off that little corner you missed down on the left, 'cause we all know that over at that other place where thay are sleddin' they never would have left that much ice on the lens!

Just kinddin'!

:no_bashing:

:div20:

Truly, much thanks for all your patience and all your hard work!!! :banana:[/b]
Aw Shucks guys, :1luvu: now you are making me blush! :doh:

The temperature is 32 degrees F at 12:25 pm and it is overcast with no precipitation falling. We shouldn't loose much of what we have unless it gets warmer and clearer.

I have been listening to NH F&G on the radio and they were commenting on how few sleds they have seen on the trails this weekend. A few appear to be coming over from ME but as soon as they see the F&G vehicle they whip around and head back in the direction they came from.

I want to commend all you guys for being so patient and holding off until the weather and the clubs get things ready for riding this season. :div20:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mark, just want to thank you for keeping us informed, by now I can see why your getting fed up with the why can't we ride questions, I'm sure all aren't blaming you, just mad at the weather

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
thanks Mark.......It will snow eventually. I only got up there once last year and it rained. Im still optimistic.......... take care and maybe you better make some more soup etc. for the warming hut because when it does snow there will be record numbers on the trails.....

Happy New Year....

Jason

:banghead: :beer2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts