Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 477 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 10:15 am, January 2, 2007 here at the First Connecticut Lake. The temperature is 23 degrees F, it is overcast and we are getting some light snow. :div20: So far this morning we have picked up 1/2 to 1 inch. It is hard to tell as it is pretty windy with drifting. :dunno: As long as the temperature stays below freezing and it stays overcast; we will not loose what we have so far. :div20:

I will try and report the latest a few times every day until the trails open. :div20:

Mark :beerchug:

p.s. If the weather turns sour, don't shoot the messenger! :tease: :frech32:

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
looked at all webcams for maine and nh this a.m. -- looks like the base held up and will freeze nicely to support future snow. just long as the warm mid-week doesnt make it up there..... i will be fertilizing the lawn here on wednesday

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At 4:40 pm, January 2, 2007 here at the First Connecticut Lake the temperature is 19.8 degrees F, it is overcast and we have been getting some snow squals and flurries most of the day. As best I can determine we have had about an inch of snow and some freezing rain.

The snow cover is about 3 to 4 inches thick with a thick crust on top. The snow packs very well so it is dense. :div20: Lake Francis and First Connecticut Lake are definately not safe to travel. Back Lake has had some use this past week, but I still would not take for granted that it is safe everywhere.

As far as the forecast is concerned, I am not really shure how things will hold up over the next few days. :dunno: Stay tuned, my next post will be early tomorrow morning. :div20:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Thanks for the updates Mark hope to see you guys soon. and hopefully everyone wont forget to buy there raffle tickets.....07 Polaris 1000 tix.....20.00ea. :fluffy:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At 9:45 pm, January 2, 2007 here at the First Connecticut Lake the temperature is 16.5 degrees F, it is mostly clear with an almost full moon shining brightly.

Have a good evening. :div20:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At 7:30 am, January 3, 2007 here at the First Connecticut Lake the temperature low overnight was 11.3 degrees F, it is 14.0 degrees F now and it is clear.

We have not lost any of the snow cover yet.

Unfortunately the forecast for the end of the week looks warm and wet. :banghead:

Stay tuned for more reports later today. :div20:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At 3:10 pm, January 3, 2007 here at the First Connecticut Lake the temperature high for today was 34.7 degrees F, it is currently 33.6 degrees F now and it is partly cloudy.

Keep your fingers crossed that it drops back below freezing later today.

·
Registered
301 Posts
fingers & toes.... :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At 7:20 am, Thursday, January 4, 2007 here at the First Connecticut Lake the temperature is currently 14.2 degrees F and it is partly cloudy.

Unfortunately it looks like the warmer weather will be coming in this afternoon and staying with us until Monday. :banghead: The only thing we can hope is there won't be much rain with the warmer temperatures. :dunno:

Stay tuned. :div20:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At 7:30 am, Friday, January 5, 2007 here at the First Connecticut Lake the temperature is currently 34.4 degrees F, it is cloudy with some light rain. :banghead: :no_bashing:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yea, we're poised to break the record (62 degrees) Saturday, here around Boston. Crazy. I was out mountain biking last night and it was 50 degrees at 8PM. I guess the new sleds will spend yet another weekend in the trailer.

-Couch

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At 5:30 am, Saturday, January 6, 2007 here at the First Connecticut Lake the temperature is currently 42.8 degrees F, :banghead: :banghead: it is cloudy with rain. :banghead: :banghead:

I strongly recomend if you do decide to try riding from now until the weather changes, trailer up to the Deer Mountain parking areas and ride from there. The trail over Deer Mountain (141) is in really bad shape with the warm temps and rain. :banghead:

Helga and I will be opening the Warming Hut at Deer Mountain Campground today for the first time this season. :div20: If you do decide to try and ride; we will have a warm dry place for you to lick your wounds and get some food. :beerchug::div20:

Home made pea soup and home made caribou stew are on the menu along with the infamous "Warming Hut Dirty Water Hot Dogs". :div20:

Be sure to have a PFD with you today. :tease:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
So OVR...
How many die hards were out sloshing around on the trails?

Are they pretty much wiped out now?
:dunno:

It was up to 68 or 70 degrees here in Nottingham. I went out for a ride on the street bike. I saw lots of sleds for sale.

1 - 20 of 477 Posts