Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARE PEOPLE TOWING UP THERE? If not any other options leaving in the morning.Would be happy just ridding the roads any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
ARE PEOPLE TOWING UP THERE? If not any other options leaving in the morning.Would be happy just ridding the roads any help would be great.[/b]
All trails and logging roads are still closed to snowmobiles! :banghead:

Mark :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I cannot believe there is no riding at East Inlet.[/b]
It is true. :div20:

And for all of you that are contimplating ignoring the trail closure please read the following from our vice-President's January 2007 message.

......... "Also discussed at the meeting was the careless disregard by some riders of the fact that our system was closed and still ridden hard by a significant number of people who did not impress some of our landowners favorably. We implore those people and anyone who knows who they are to impress upon them that when we decide to close part, or all of our system, it is not done lightly, we languish (i.e. agonize-ed.) over lots of issues to make those decisions and when people ignore those closures it can permanently “blow holes” in our fragile system, that is composed of a patchwork of several hundred leases, all dependent on each other for survival. If it’s closed, ”Don’t Ride It Or We Will Lose It!”"................

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks OVR, everyone PLEASE be patient until we get the green light.PERMANENT TRAIL CLOSURES WOULD SUCK and our club works to hard on this trail system to have this happen!

·
Registered
301 Posts
i too agree....i know its tough to wait it out, but when a few people decide they cant wait any longer, all it does is make things more difficult down the road for everyone else....i would rather wait a few weeks to ride a few miles than not ride at all because the system was shut down....try and think of the entire snowmobiling community and not just yourself....

OVR.....what does happen when people are caught riding when and where they are not suppose to be

anyway think snow........... :fluffy:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
.....OVR.....what does happen when people are caught riding when and where they are not suppose to be............[/b]
The last I heard it is a $120 ticket. :frech32:

If it was up to me, it would be a $500 ticket and the impoundment of the sled for 48 hours. :augen41: On the second offence it would be confiscation of the sled to be sold at auction with the proceeds going to the club where the violation occurred. :augen41: But then again, it is probably a good thing that it is not up to me. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
It is true. :div20:

And for all of you that are contimplating ignoring the trail closure please read the following from our vice-President's January 2007 message.

......... "Also discussed at the meeting was the careless disregard by some riders of the fact that our system was closed and still ridden hard by a significant number of people who did not impress some of our landowners favorably. We implore those people and anyone who knows who they are to impress upon them that when we decide to close part, or all of our system, it is not done lightly, we languish (i.e. agonize-ed.) over lots of issues to make those decisions and when people ignore those closures it can permanently “blow holes” in our fragile system, that is composed of a patchwork of several hundred leases, all dependent on each other for survival. If it’s closed, ”Don’t Ride It Or We Will Lose It!”"................

[/quote

I wrote the above quote a couple of weeks ago to go into the snow Traveler, and it was timely then and more meaningful now! Lets not screw it up!

I have just been informed that Fish and Game :cop: are "spanking" :nono: anyone caught riding East Inlet, and have been writing tickets for people riding in from rt 3 end and also meeting lots of people riding in from Parmacheenee Road, Bosebuck area. There are also still loggers with equipment out there so everyone "please" dont make this years opening any later than it has to be. Beleive me, no one wants things open any more than I do, but we all have to wait a little longer, or we could kill a big peice of it for the season. :frech32:

pathfinder58 :cn:

·
Registered
301 Posts

If it was up to me, it would be a $500 ticket and the impoundment of the sled for 48 hours. :augen41: On the second offence it would be confiscation of the sled to be sold at auction with the proceeds going to the club where the violation occurred. :augen41: But then again, it is probably a good thing that it is not up to me. :dunno:

Mark :beerchug:[/b]

thats exactly what i was thinking....it would be like driving without a license and getting your car impounded. I think that would stop people....You get caught then you lose your sled until you pay big bucks to get it back. that would teach'em. they dont care what the costs are to the club and to its members, so why should we care what the costs are to the meatballs who are causing problems for everyone else...lets all be patient (i know its tough) and we can all enjoy the "entire" season together

thanks mark..keep up the good work

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts

I also forgot to mention that a trespassing charge from Lime Timber can also go along with the ticket! :frech32:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Mark, my thanks to you & Armand for being honest about the conditions up your way. But man, what are folks thinking? On my way to work south today on 125 between the Lee Circle & Route 101 I passed four different sets of sled trailers heading north! John told me later that trailers had been heading north past the store all morning!

Hoping that folks stay off the closed trails & private property and use extreme caution on what little ice there is up there....the sadistic side of me says that someone should start a poll predicting when/where the first sled through the ice will be this weekend! Unfortunately, its only a matter of time! :banghead:

Again, you guys are doing your best to warn everyone....I only hope your message is getting across to someone. :div20:

·
Registered
971 Posts
As much as we talk about this topic in this forum and everyone agrees to not use the trails....it is the people that dont frequent these forums that dont give a rats ass about the trails and if they are open or not....wish there was a way we could pound it into there heads....or be waiting for them at the trailhead.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Mark, my thanks to you & Armand for being honest about the conditions up your way. But man, what are folks thinking? On my way to work south today on 125 between the Lee Circle & Route 101 I passed four different sets of sled trailers heading north! John told me later that trailers had been heading north past the store all morning!

Hoping that folks stay off the closed trails & private property and use extreme caution on what little ice there is up there....the sadistic side of me says that someone should start a poll predicting when/where the first sled through the ice will be this weekend! Unfortunately, its only a matter of time! :banghead:

Again, you guys are doing your best to warn everyone....I only hope your message is getting across to someone. :div20:[/b]
Many people could be heading to Canada with those trailers where the trails are open legally and they have plenty of snow.I am sure there will be some people attempting to ride around pittsburg this new years weekend when the shouldnt be.I am going up this weekend myself and my sleds will be on the trailer with the hopes of the new years storm and even more hopes they open the trails if it hits.And I am staying on back lake so I guess if I see everyone out there buzzing around and not swimming I may take a rip across myself.As far as the poll for who goes in first this weekend I dont think that is a good idea at all.Actually a little sickminded if you ask me. :dunno:
Yamahoo :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
As much as we talk about this topic in this forum and everyone agrees to not use the trails....it is the people that dont frequent these forums that dont give a rats ass about the trails and if they are open or not....wish there was a way we could pound it into there heads....or be waiting for them at the trailhead.[/b]
There is a way! :banana: Get tougher penilties enacted. :div20: Does anyone think that a $120 ticket makes a difference to the trespassers? :dunno: They must have a punishment that hurts more than dollars. i.e. impoundment of their sled for at least 48 hours. :div20:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Many people could be heading to Canada with those trailers where the trails are open legally and they have plenty of snow.[/b]
Have you taken a moment to read the Quebec trail reports at trailreports.com? Most of the Quebec systems are in the same boat as Pittsburg with the good folks up there also honestly reporting conditions as Armand & Mark have tried doing....but then again you could be correct and they are getting an early start for Labrador this holiday weekend....as for the poll I'll probably just wait a few days before I post an "I told you so"..... :div20:

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
MAINE - "the way life should be" -- come on and register...........

so much for live free and ride huh? whats the biggie about riding backcountry??? not hurting anything, there is plenty of snow in high elevations if you want to work for it

but i wouldnt even be on the lakes right now... good point skip, but a poll would be a little sick!

·
Registered
301 Posts
There is a way! :banana: Get tougher penilties enacted. :div20: Does anyone think that a $120 ticket makes a difference to the trespassers? :dunno: They must have a punishment that hurts more than dollars. i.e. impoundment of their sled for at least 48 hours. :div20:

second that....tougher penelties get the point across better....whats the big deal about raising the penelties...if you dont ride when you arent suppose to then no one should have a problem with it...take the sleds for a few days and then maybe they would think twice...

see all the problems that mother nature causes when she doesnt give us our snow in time......... :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I agree with ya 100% Mark.....tougher penalties will solve the problem.[/b]
I just hope they won't be too late. :dunno:

·
Registered
735 Posts

Hey Mark anywhere to legally ride registered ATV's in Pittsburg or any surounding areas right now.Hell I will bring the friggen quads instead of the sleds.Although I never thought I would say that in January.
Thanks
Yamahoo :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts