Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I had the y-pipe off of my F7 tonight, I took a couple of pictures of the pistons...two of the mag side piston and one of the pto side piston. I posted them on my geocities webpage. Those of you who have had to have pistons replaced, please take a look at the following URL and let me know if this is similar to what you saw. The pictures are about 100KB each, so please give them a minute or two to load...

Photos of pistons

The mag side piston definitely looks like it has some marks/gouges on it. The pto side piston doesn't seem to have any, but it does look rather brown. Keep in mind that this sled only has 130 miles on it. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
thats what mine looked like also but mine had 406miles on it. I couldnt see the inside of the cylinder but I would say it needs to be replaced also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree they look to be shot..

But you guys have to learn how to take and edit better photos. Those are underexposed and full of noise (blue spects). It's hard to tell anything. And for the additional 25k filesize (you can upload 76k pics to this forum), we have to deal with all the crappy popups from the geocities site... UGH :angry:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 22 2003, 06:46 AM
I agree they look to be shot..

But you guys have to learn how to take and edit better photos. Those are underexposed and full of noise (blue spects). It's hard to tell anything. And for the additional 25k filesize (you can upload 76k pics to this forum), we have to deal with all the crappy popups from the geocities site... UGH :angry:
LOL... I agree with Rob... I don't see how you can really tell just by looking at those particular pix! -- Roy

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Hey,

Those pistons look like they are either cold sieze(not adequate warmup) or the engine isn't getting enough oil.

If the engine was leaning out, I would expect to see the piston crown starting to deteriorate.

.....my thoughts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts