Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
It almost looks as you Siezed a piston at one point. The second picture down. Look to the right of center of the piston.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
It looks like it was cold seized. Did it ever stall after you took off from a cold start one morning? If it stalled it probably cold seized then.

S

·
0 Posts
ok.. a day after my Demonic Outburts of Rage... so I'm ok now L!

BUT.... seriously.... I suspect the majority if not more of us, if you took the time to check , would see there is unreasonable damage to your pistons.

AC basically threw this sled together and they know it! For the sled that could have revolutionized snowmobiling, it may just ruin their repuation for ever!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
i have a mark like that on my mag side piston, but a little worse how much will this affect performance? or what could happen if i dont fix it right away?

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
The pistons are colored from the factory. They don't look bad at all. If that is what you call being scored, then you need to get out the two cycle snowmobile engines all togethter!

S

·
0 Posts
Let's see a pic of Rob's pistons LOL!

I'd rather be shoved up a Bears ass crossways then put AC JUNK in my garage!

I'M DEMANDING A FULL REFUND!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Spenc2u@Feb 23 2003, 01:57 PM
Let's see a pic of Rob's pistons LOL!

As I just told you in an email, I've had my pipe off a number of times, the last time was yesterday. The pistons are fine. I'll get pictures next time I check.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm gonna reserve my comment on these until there are more comments from others. What I will tell you now is that these pistons are smooth to the touch and the digi really brings out the detail. The coloration I found interesting also.

·
Registered
64 Posts
To me, the third pic down, if you look at the top of the piston edge, just above the top ring, it looks rough. This is detonation. In other words, running TOO lean, or bad gas. Maybe a combination of both. The rest of the black is a combination between the coating and blow-by. Ideally, the motor should be torn down and inspected. pay careful attention to the rings. If they are NOT smeared at all, and the top on the piston is NOT rough, you are ok. If either one is present, stop running, and get your parts comming. A new jug is $800, and piston is around $160. It should be coved by warentee, but who knows. Also, a compression test will help you figure out if the rings are ok. But I emphasize, if the piston is rough, it will keep getting worse if you keep riding it. GOOD GAS is key to these things. Even adding a little race fuel wouldn't be a bad idea, but I would at least use 92 octane with some booster.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by rob+Feb 23 2003, 02:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Spenc2u
@Feb 23 2003, 01:57 PM
Let's see a pic of Rob's pistons   LOL!  

As I just told you in an email, I've had my pipe off a number of times, the last time was yesterday. The pistons are fine. I'll get pictures next time I check.[/b]
I would really like to see that pic Rob, be nice to compare. Email if you like. Spenc2u : This is getting really old fast. Sell your sled and move on, you will obviously never be happy with it. Exercise your freedom of choice.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
good topic ! im going to look at mine tonight . ive got a little over 1000 miles i will put a pic of it up tonight.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i agree- spenc2u, quit beating your dead horse and get on with your life. if you're so unhappy, get rid of it and buy another brand.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by kingsnow@Feb 23 2003, 02:33 PM
To me, the third pic down, if you look at the top of the piston edge, just above the top ring, it looks rough. This is detonation. In other words, running TOO lean, or bad gas. Maybe a combination of both. The rest of the black is a combination between the coating and blow-by. Ideally, the motor should be torn down and inspected. pay careful attention to the rings. If they are NOT smeared at all, and the top on the piston is NOT rough, you are ok. If either one is present, stop running, and get your parts comming. A new jug is $800, and piston is around $160. It should be coved by warentee, but who knows. Also, a compression test will help you figure out if the rings are ok. But I emphasize, if the piston is rough, it will keep getting worse if you keep riding it. GOOD GAS is key to these things. Even adding a little race fuel wouldn't be a bad idea, but I would at least use 92 octane with some booster.
King,

In the third third pic you cannot see the piston top. It is simply showing the skirt from closer to the bottom to the point at which the coloration starts farther up. I believe the only pic that sorta shows the top of piston is the first one. I tried to get a pic of the top through the ports but motor is too slanted to get good ones. Perhaps through the vavle openiing would be the best bet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts