Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was thinking about ordering a set of pipes from SLP. The pipe/can combo and I was wondering if it would be a good choice for my switchback, and if I would need to do any jetting or anything to it if I put the pipe on. Thanks

EDIT : Also how loud would this set be on a scale from 1 to 10? Thanks again.

YW

·
Registered
81 Posts
You will definatly need jetting and clutching. I would ask pockets about them. That guy knows his sheet!!

Not much louder than stock. Just a deeper sound in my opion

·
Registered
818 Posts
while were on the subject, pros and cons single vs.twins, I think a single does not jetting twins do, I think. :dunno:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I run the SLP single w/ can on mine & love it!!!!!! Best bang for the buck IMO. I've extended my XC 800 to 136", with the set-up I've got it's an absolute ROCKET. I ran against a guy last year with SLP twin's on Indian Lake. Completely smoked him, even on top-end I could let off so he could catch me then rap it again and lose him. He had a 121" and he was also ported, I also think his sled wasn't running as good as it could have. Not sure if this helped, but I thought I would give it a try anyway.

·
Registered
177 Posts
thank god a post in my favor,
i too am looking to get a single slp with can.
what is the longevity of the motor if the jetting is proper(meaning not on the edge), and what other mods would help, but not hurt me in the long run.
have talked with Pockets and gotten his opinion, now lets here some others.
thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
I did V-Force III reed's, SLP Flowrites, SLP Bighorn airbox mod, Clutched and jetted to SLP specs. No lie this motor has over 10,000 miles on it and the only problem I have ever had was caused by the waterpump belt breaking which left me stranded in the middle of nowhere :doh: The clutching & jetting are off some, but I'm not going to mess with it till someone beat's me :frech11: Very reliable set-up, no worries!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
great,
thats does it, im getting one.
can you give me a close dollar amount it cost you?
this will help me shop the best price a bit easier.
thanks
and why do you think the jetting and clutch is a little off?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Not sure the dollar amount, can't remember. Usually the recommended carb setting's are always rich, just to make it safe...just like they do at the factory. As for the clutching, there is always room for improvments. They set the clutches up for the specific sled they test & tune, which is most likely not the same set-up you are running. My sled has the 136" extension with a 1 1/2" lug, hookup is incredible even without studs, so the clutching is off from what they tested with...a 121".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts