Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Decker Piped 1996 Ultra SP, PSI Piped 96 Ultra SP
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I made a discovery of my own while going thru carb parts I have on hand from my first Ultra I parted out. Of course everyone and their grandfather knows about the PSI, SLP, and SPX needles, but here is something even I didnt know. Another needle option that is priced quite a bit cheaper than even the 6CEY6 thru Polaris. Judging by my eyes, it ALMOST looks like a cross between the PSI taper and the 6CEY6 taper. From left to right in the pic, I have as follows:

PSI
6DP10
6CEY6

Now, that leaves me to wonder just who figured out that middle needle as an option, and how well is it going to perform? I plan on testing on the two piped Ultras I'll have ready for the winter. Both 96 SP's, one with my mod engine and Decker pipes, the other one with Wisecos, PSI pump gas heads and Stock Blasters. Yes, I know my garage is a mess 馃槄 I need more room but that's beside the point!

Chassis for my mod engine and Decker pipes. XCR 800 skid with 144 studs in a 1" track.

Chassis for the engine with PSI pipes and heads, 96, maybe a few rows of 4 studs, in a 1" Hacksaw.

Registered
Decker Piped 1996 Ultra SP, PSI Piped 96 Ultra SP
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because Rob Shupping the owner of HTG knows how to make a Poo go .
I don't disagree. I just think that's a bit of a stretch to assume. I'd believe Gale's Performance grabbing a plethora of 6 series needles and measuring them in comparison to the 6CEY6 or the PSI/SLP needles is more along the lines of probability. All I do know is the sled was raced in Wisconsin before owning it myself, I got it with a single pipe, and carbs setup for triple pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts