Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 F7 EFI SP and I am looking for a few all around power gains. Right now I am looking at a D&D Lite Pipe, with the Y- Pipe, and the D&D clutch kit for running an after market single. What do you think of these mods? Worth it? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have an 06 F7 EFI SP and I am looking for a few all around power gains. Right now I am looking at a D&D Lite Pipe, with the Y- Pipe, and the D&D clutch kit for running an after market single. What do you think of these mods? Worth it? Any suggestions?[/b]
I have the 05 F7 efi and i have the BMP stealth pipe with D&D y-pipe, can. I gained a lot of midrange with the BMP pipe. I think Fett Brothers has really good clutching set-ups. They have the heavy hitters which gives you adjustability! All sleds re different even stock and the adjusting ability allows you to dial in your sled to where you need to be.

I am getting rid of teh can though... just read some dynos and all results showed loss or no gain in hp. Stock can was the best.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have an SPI y-pipe and have had my clutched by a local guy.....last year my sled was stock and worked very well..114 on radar. This year I'm still running that speed and haven't really noticed any huge gain but I think I need to gage it against a stock sled....I think the best thing to do would be to measure out some distances, run them stock then do the mods one at a time and see if say you are gaining 2 mph in 1500 ft or 2 sled lengths against a stock sled in 100 ft etc. I'm at the point of buying a Bikeman pipe but don'y know what the gain will be....mph, lengths...i know hp but will I run 116 as opposed to what I'm running now and will it be worth the $. I'd start with the cheapest first..y-pipe and clutching...then move on from there.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I have an SPI y-pipe and have had my clutched by a local guy.....[/b]
What's SPI? Speedwerx - SPX?

Never heard it spelt that way if it is that's all.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have an SPI y-pipe and have had my clutched by a local guy.....last year my sled was stock and worked very well..114 on radar. This year I'm still running that speed and haven't really noticed any huge gain but I think I need to gage it against a stock sled....I think the best thing to do would be to measure out some distances, run them stock then do the mods one at a time and see if say you are gaining 2 mph in 1500 ft or 2 sled lengths against a stock sled in 100 ft etc. I'm at the point of buying a Bikeman pipe but don'y know what the gain will be....mph, lengths...i know hp but will I run 116 as opposed to what I'm running now and will it be worth the $. I'd start with the cheapest first..y-pipe and clutching...then move on from there.[/b]
I went onto dynotech and comapred the speedwerx single vs BMP single. The Speedwerx gave you 2 or so more hp throughout the entire power band with the exception of 7400rpm(BMP+.7hp), 7800rpm(BMP+.3hp) and peak hp which both pipes produced at 7900 rpm where BMP was +1.5hp at 153.6 vs 152.1. There was no chart so I plotted by hand to see the differences.

This was with stock y-pipe although they made a reference to not having D&D ypipe, so I am not sure if it was a typo and did not use Speedwerx y-pipe or maybe D&D was the only one with the y-pipe at the time and I know they were tough to get when they first came out.

This was also with a stock can as they lost a decent amount of hp with the Speedwerx can throughout the power band which is common on the F7 from what I have heard.

Cost is the same at $399 for each pipe.

They chose to use the Speedwerx pipe over the BMP pipe. You will get more throughout the track and pull harder throughout but lose a little hp on the top. The BMP will give almost 2 more hp on top and you can put the stock shield on so it looks stock.

Decisions.. decisions

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
What's SPI? Speedwerx - SPX?

Never heard it spelt that way if it is that's all.[/b]
Straightline Performance Inc........Pipe is same length as stock ...where as D&D is shorter I think, this is the first year for them ( with the Y-pipe for a f-cat )

·
Registered
306 Posts
My brother had the speedwerx y-pipe, M7 gearing and the 440 -04 track on his -06 F7 SP and that sled realy rocked!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My brother had the speedwerx y-pipe, M7 gearing and the 440 -04 track on his -06 F7 SP and that sled realy rocked!![/b]
speedwerx doesn't make a y pipe for an F7....just a pipe.

·
Registered
306 Posts
speedwerx doesn't make a y pipe for an F7....just a pipe.[/b]
Yes, i forgot to wright speedwerx hi flo intake, the y-pipe is D&D. Sorry was tired..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts