Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on a '05 Fusion 900. Want to keep warranty active so not going to pipe it and reflash - yet. Wondering if changing out to silencer and air intake (SLP) will wake it up any, or is just a matter of weight. Anything else that would compliment or is needed with these "mild" mods? Will the pipe be worth the $$ after warranty has expired. I'm sure it's been discussed on here before, but would appreciate any info that would help me cut to the chase. Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wouldn't void the warranty! My friend added a SLP airbox and it made a huge difference. He hasn't had any of the problems that other 900 owners have had so I would be careful unless your dealer is going to back you up. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
go with the dynoport or htg pipe it will not void your warranty because it does not require a reflash. im running it as are several others on here and it works good. :beerchug: and the slp intake is goodc too.

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
I am not sure about this, but I seem to remember that the reflash seems to make more of a difference than the pipe. I believe that the reflash advances timing and leans out the air to fuel ratio. With the SLP. Get HTG or Dyno Port either is a good choice.

·
Registered
540 Posts
you could get the slp setup and just run the silencer for now and when the warrenty is over you could get the reflash for the pipe.
thats what I am going to do. Ive added the air box kit, clutch kit, air vents, and 144 studs for this year and am going to notice a huge difference any ways I figure next year when I want a little more power Ill put the pipe on and flash it for 8 more hp. I think im going to make an order soon for the torque arm and push arm because it looks like a lot of work to align the clutches with the slp tool and theres no sense to do it twice this year if I plan on getting them at some point anyways. theres 2 ways to align the clutches 1- stock torque arm .040 and 2- use slps parts .020. ( I think off the top of my head but dont hold me to it). the slp pipe is a lot cheaper than the dyno port or htg, you just have to shop around. anyone ever see honest dyno #'s from the dynoport or htg pipe on the fusion anyways? not to start a new topic just curious but I think slp is the way to go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.