Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I currently have an 04 f7 that is clutched, reeds, intake, speedwerx single with can, and runs strong versus other f7's with similar mods. My question is: are the twin pipes say from d&d or another company, combined with the boondocker fuel programmer worth the 1200 bucks it will cost to get them. Again this is a 700 motor with no porting. I know they all claim 12hp increase, but i would like to hear from some people with actual results. Also, is anyone out there running the K&N air filter that replaces your stock air box??? Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttttt. noone has any insight on whether the twins r worth all the extra money????? common guys, am really thinking of getting them, but dont want to throw away that kind of $$ if they're not gonna make all that much of a diff

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Don't take out your airbox first off. The stock airbox works very well.
Slp and DD twins are very good twin pipes. But twin pipes are more finicky than the single pipe of course when it comes to temperature changes. If you were spending alot of time lake racing or drag racing then I would say twins for sure. If you spend alot of time on the tight twisty trails, then I would suggest the single pipe. You may consider having your cylinders ported and a head mod with the single pipe instead of twins. We have run our porting and head mod with the speedwerx pipe and they do work well together. The porting also works well with the twin pipes, but just depends on what you are doing with the sled. No doubt the twin pipes are faster from the extra power. They are louder too of course, but sound nice. We sell both DD and Slp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts