Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright I know I should post this in the XFire forum but there's more activity and opinions here. Anyhow I picked up my XFire 1000 on the 15th and brought it up to my place in northern WI on the 16th. I put it on my lift and ran it up to normal operating temp and for 2 miles on the odometer. Looked it over really well and found a nut and a muffler spring in the bottom of the pan, no big deal everything else looks good, so far. I get up here last night and I'm in the garage looking it over some more and see some black soot on top of the Y-Pipe on the PTO side. I wiped it off and there appears to be a small pin hole were the welds come together. So based on the facts that I will be putting on a D&D Y-Pipe once broke in and probobly never use the stock one again, but I paid moocho $$,$$$.$$ for this bad boy and it all should be right, right from the factory.

Based on that do you think I should call my dealer and have the stock Y-Pipe replaced? I don't think it will affect performance, or will it? Maybe run a bit leaner with the pinhole???

·
Banned
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell the dealer and if there is a long wait and you have snow, weld it up yourself so you can finally ride the thing.[/b]
Thats my concern. I'll either have to hall it back 150 miles to prove to Cat there's a pin hole then wait 4 weeks to get a new one. And in the meantime northern WI/UP will get the motherload of snow and I won't be able to use it. I'm not going to weld because it would probably void the warranty. I also keep my truck up north here and go back and forth in my car to save on gas$$$$

Anyone think it would run lean with the pin hole???? I'm thinking not, it's a very small pin hole

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thats my concern. I'll either have to hall it back 150 miles to prove to Cat there's a pin hole then wait 4 weeks to get a new one. And in the meantime northern WI/UP will get the motherload of snow and I won't be able to use it. I'm not going to weld because it would probably void the warranty. I also keep my truck up north here and go back and forth in my car to save on gas$$$$

Anyone think it would run lean with the pin hole???? I'm thinking not, it's a very small pin hole[/b]

Small hole can turn into a big hole I would call dealer tell them whats going on and let them tell you what to do :div20:

·
Banned
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Called my dealer a couple hours ago he checked Cat on line for Y-Pipe availability and said he would have a new one in 3-4 days, so in it goes. He said that he's seen this over the years with some of the Firecats. Also said it's not going to hurt anything if I run it with the pin hole just going to piss some black soot. Ya I could weld it up or patch it with epxoy, but it's the principle here Cat needs to know so they can inform thier supplier.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Why do you think you need to break it in with the stock Y pipe?
Take it off and drop a bead on it. Too much drama taking it back to the dealer. Chances are thats all they are going to do for a pin hole anyways.

IMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.