Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
thats it... Just a metal bar with holes on the ends....I hadn't even seen one yet...man...hope it keeps the rope away from everything.. How about down by the frame, where they cut a groove.

·
Registered
962 Posts
You can see where they cut the plastic away form the faring at the factory If they would have left it the way it looks like is should be molded it would have be just as good as the little bar.

·
Registered
827 Posts
hey guys, in the old forum, in the tips section check out jeffs recoil fix, very good idea,,mike

·
Registered
242 Posts
Alot of good ideas have been posted on this site with some very ingeniuos sledders coming up with great fixes. We should get the thread going again and post the pictures that used to be up. I used the little eyebolt to fix mine. The only thing it didn't fix was where the rope went through the dash. AC fix is a good add on for that. Whoever posted that fix (Bilbat?) should repost the pictures if they still have them. I think a combination of the two would be a good fix for those of us not handy enough to build the wheels or the tubes, etc.

Side note: If this is AC's fix, I see a good business opportunity for some of you who came up with much better fixes. I'll do the advertising and we'll make hundreds. On second thought we may need a few more products.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
it goes right into the bucket and is supported. There is a flared end of course on both ends. It also holds the rope out at the bottom so it clears the frame area ther by an extra 1/4-1/2 inch...And you CAN pull from all angles since it goes INTO the handle bucket area.

I had been for $35 shipped a month or two ago..Then I slowed down, since they were coming out with a fix. But the parts alone cost us $20 + re-weld make the upper bracket etc...

If I could get like 25-30 at once sold then probably $30 shipped..Its just a lot of wasted time...

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Dan,

I didn't know you were on the cape...how much snow did you get tonight...we only got 2" up north...I heard you got close to a foot?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts