Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:div20: Can a few of your who got PAC systems from me post up some picture of the installed kit?

Thanks alot

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,325 Posts
I didn't use all of the stuff you sent me, I liked my version better.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i was woundering if any body has a illumunated pressure gauge???.it seems asit is immportant to watch your pressure on those colder days.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I guess it would be nice...but IMHO you use a Fuel Restrictor for more racing situations, that being said, I personally don't do ANY racing at night, so if I am going to be doing some extensive night trail riding I will just loosen the restrictor all the way so that it is at stock FP, incase the temp drops waaay low and puts me on the lean side.

:m2c:

Mike

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Originally posted by benjir@Oct 11 2005, 02:18 PM
i was woundering if any body has a illumunated pressure gauge???.it seems asit is immportant to watch your pressure on those colder days.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922437
[/quote]

Here's Mine - Lights up Red to match my speedo! :smiley-faces7:

Don't know why it looks crooked in the picture, looks straight on the sled??? :dunno:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by DJSF7@Oct 11 2005, 08:39 PM

Don't know why it looks crooked in the picture, looks straight on the sled??? :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923250
[/quote]
could i ahave more info on the gauge ??? i would realy like it to be vissible at night

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Those SW gauges are pretty sweet gauges.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,325 Posts
Originally posted by DJSF7@Oct 11 2005, 08:39 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923250
[/quote]
Was this a pain to hook up powerwise? more detail please.
Where do you purchase these? thanks Les....

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Originally posted by benjir@Oct 11 2005, 08:49 PM
could i ahave more info on the gauge ??? i would realy like it to be vissible at night
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923272
[/quote]

It's a Stewart Warner, Maximum Performance Series 0-60 PSI that is backlit with a 12VDC light bulb that comes with a green and a red cover so you decide what color you want.

Do a little digging on the web and I'm sure you'll find a couple of places that sell it. I don't remember where I got mine from. I think I paid about $35 or so for it.

One of the reasons I went with this gauge was that it's not glycerin filled but the needle is very steady because of some other dampening feature it has.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Originally posted by fast 600@Oct 11 2005, 10:26 PM
Was this a pain to hook up powerwise? more detail please.
Where do you purchase these? thanks Les....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923518
[/quote]

For 12VDC power, I tapped into the fuel pump wire. Very simple and no problems whatsoever with anything. Not much draw from a minature bulb.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Originally posted by benjir@Oct 12 2005, 05:47 AM
did you have any problems with it fogging up or anything
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923744
[/quote]

Nope. It worked perfectly all last season. I highly recommend this gauge.

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
DsF7 and Fast600!

What is the big differences with the glycerine to non glycerine gauges? i thought that the non glycerine gauges gave false numbers! Correct me if I am wrong as i am looking at getting one from Speedwerx if he still has any.
PS I really want one that is back lit to se at night as the temps tend to drop at night big time up here.

Thanks

Jester

·
Registered
711 Posts
Originally posted by DJSF7@Oct 11 2005, 10:32 PM
For 12VDC power, I tapped into the fuel pump wire.  Very simple and no problems whatsoever with anything.  Not much draw from a minature bulb.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923532
[/quote]

Can't you tap into the accessory plug/wire? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by Jester@Oct 12 2005, 01:04 PM
DsF7 and Fast600!

What is the big differences with the glycerine to non glycerine gauges? i thought that the non glycerine gauges gave false numbers! Correct me if I am wrong as i am looking at getting one  from Speedwerx if he still has any.
PS  I really want one that is back lit to se at night as the temps tend to drop at night big time up here.

Thanks

Jester
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924572
[/quote]
Non filled the needle will jump around too much and you won't get a good, steady reading.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts