Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...thought id blow up a bunch of pics from our trip to the up from the 28th through the 31st...we stayed in silver city...trail 11 was great...but we were on the logging roads mostly and those rocked...sercret areas!! haha...most areas in the woods had atleast 2 feet of snow...good times..they had about 6 inches of fresh stuff on Tuesday..and as u can see we were the first guys out while it was still snowing to go out and explore...that trail needed the snow...let me know if u want any more info on where to stay or where to go..cya enjoy the pics..some good some bad...the guy takin the pictures didnt do the best job ...needs more backlighting and learn how to use his flash! haha and swith the shutter speed! haha anyways enjoy first one is of the crew i went with....

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
isnt the weight transfer on these sled sweet?? NO I DONT HAVE STUDS...dont ask me how i get it that high but i do..its just on hardpack..thanks to the 1.375 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is lake of the clouds when it was snowing real hard..cant see to far..but sure is nice.. (porcupine mountain range) worth the 300 foot walk to the top!

Attachments

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,440 Posts
ok I no longer like you ! I am adding you to the list of ppl I dislike (ppl who have ridden there Fcats in snow) LOL looks like you had a great time, I haven't been to silver city in a few years. Did you go all the way up to the top of the "mountain" ? that first step is a big one.
Later...............................Flash and Flare

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,440 Posts
ok so I should have let the rest of the pics open up before asking about the mountain, oh well. You said a 300 ft walk ? the last time I was up there it had a one way up and one way down sled path for ppl to drive up and down or is that a big NO NO now ?
Later.............Flash and Flare

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
me and Art jumping a beaver damn....we only had about 5 feet to get a run at it..we were running out of things to jump haha

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is just me jumping...little farther :)...the cat tails make the landing like landing on a cloud.. :) well that and the 3 feet of snow haha

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and heres the last one to leave u with...fresh trails...stir some hate up for guys out there like me at home where there is brown grass :-( .... had a great time..next time ill use my camera and get some better shots till then have fun guys!! F cats ROCK!! 500 miles on mine and hasnt missed a beat!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Great pics BFC- I have 750 miles on mine and some great pics but they are still in the camera. Rode my sled in 3' of powder this weekend and I just continue to like it more and more-it does everything well.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
flash and flare...there is no path for sleds to go up..u park in the lot..then its like only 300 ft to the top to the overlook...its a real nice sight seeing spot though..lots of pics...it was snowing so hard in the valley that day though..couldnt see to far...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rob...what program u use for the pics??? to lighten up that is?? i tryed but thats as bright as my program would alow...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Big Fire Chief@Jan 7 2003, 06:53 PM
rob...what program u use for the pics??? to lighten up that is?? i tryed but thats as bright as my program would alow...
I use Photoshop but many programs have a "levels" tool. That's the tool to use, not just brightness or contrast. Also, an even better idea is to look at your camera, and find the "exposure compensation" control. Some cameras actually have a 'snow scene' program, but you can just dial in a +1 stop exposure compensation instead. That will brighten your photos and give them better shadow detail. This is especially important on cloudy day snow scenes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts