Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a F7 snow pro and thinking of putting picks on it. Has anyone who installed woodys 1.45 or stud boy 1.50 had any problems with the picks hitting the tunnel when the suspention is compressed

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also has anyone lost any studs yet, what kind are u using?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have 153 woody mega bites on a F 7 snow pro not sure how long they are, I had the dealer put them on, This way here if something go's wrong it is covered in the warrenty, and no I have not lost any.

Attachments

·
Registered
743 Posts
My dealer is a great guy, He told me it will be under warranty if I have them do it, so I did, And I have been dealling with them for years if he tells me something he will stand by his word, SUN & SNOW, NY Great people, I droped off my sled, they put in the studs and the rope fix and I had my sled back at the end of the day!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Cat usually will warranty even a studded track as long as the problem didn't start at a stud hole. Or so I've been told.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought an F5 sno-pro but I put on the 1.0" lug track.

I didn't want to trail ride with studs 1.4" + long.

I installed 102 1.075 long Woody's push thru's. I uses 1.375 dia. back up washers.

No problems here. Studs easily clear tunnel and front heat exchanger.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Believe it or not my 02 sno pro does have some scratches in the back of the tunnel. I don't know if the track is too loose or if that is just the way it is. Same track as the Firecat sno pro (1.375") with the 1.450 megabites. Sorry guys but this is something you might all have to deal with. Nothing major.
Cat S.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I took mine out and tried to get it to bottom out to see if the studs hit anywhere, and could not do it, and I got all my springs on the light setting, Blocks on #2

·
Registered
64 Posts
I BROKE 1 STUD,& BENT A FEW MORE,1.375 X 136...NO MARKS ON TUNNEL THOUGH..I CAUGHT SOME ROCKS I THINK..

·
Registered
369 Posts
I lost 1 the other night......no problems with bottoming out...1.375" track...1.450 woodys

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Originally posted by SabercattF7@Dec 20 2002, 04:03 PM
better
Looks like they missed a stud right in that middle row where there's two on the left and only one on the right.

The red looks sick...I went with yellow backers and stainless steel...

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I have a f5 snopro with 1.450 woody's mega bites and I have no scratches on my tunnel...haven't ripped any out or bent any either yet!

I have yellow backers
I will post some pictures

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
make sure you use the length of stud recomended for the sice of lug on your track, also keep an eye on the tension of your track if it is too loose it will slap the tunnel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts