Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could I get some feedback on what tunnel protection to use on an '04 XCSP700.Also what pattern and how many picks(I'm guessing 144).Anmy and all info will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Royal Distributing sells some extra tall heat exchanger inserts. Check the website.
You could go to the Studboy site and check if they have online patterns. From what I remember, you buy the templates and they give you a reccomendation as to how many and where to put them.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What size track is on your '04 XCSP700, 05confusion900? Is it the 1" or 1.25"? How much taller are the Studs than the track height? I have noticed the heat exchangers under the tunnel,I believe they are about 3/4 -1 inch in height,with my track being the 1 inch high.With the mods I've done I was told to use 144 studs. Still waiting for some parts to come in too. Right now I'm still deciding on the stud issue...to stud or not to stud........... :div20:

·
Registered
161 Posts
What size track is on your '04 XCSP700, 05confusion900? Is it the 1" or 1.25"? How much taller are the Studs than the track height? I have noticed the heat exchangers under the tunnel,I believe they are about 3/4 -1 inch in height,with my track being the 1 inch high.With the mods I've done I was told to use 144 studs. Still waiting for some parts to come in too. Right now I'm still deciding on the stud issue...to stud or not to stud........... :div20:[/b]
1" track on my wifes 700. I only put 96 picks on hers so it would help on the icy trails shes not a real aggressive trail rider so she didnt need 144. i think they are 1.385 studs , so there is lots of room from the top of stud to tunnel.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any pull-throughs or other track issues when picking a track?Does N.Dakota or Minnesota allow picked tracks across the border onto their trail systems?Just how much improvement does a picked track give you?Thank you again for your feedback guys!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm running an '03 XC700 with a .91 track and 144 Woody's that are 1.075 long. No extra tunnel protection is needed. Some brands you do need to add extra wear strips but the Edge chassis has enough depth on the heat exchangers that you don't have to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.