Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I just bought the holzman vari-flow. I'v also read the instruction on their site and I have too tell u, there instructions are really hard for me from Sweden too understand.

Therefore I ask you guys for better instructions, also pics from installing the vari-flow.

Im installin the vari-flow on a Polaris IQ 440 -07 whit TMX 34 carbs, so if someone of you guys have done the same installation if would be really great, also other installations are really helpfull.

(actually its a Indy xcr 600 whit reinforced chassi, edge belly and hood, zr 440-01 boggie, F7-03 front shocks, studded 1.3" track and so on, too much too explain really ;D) Pic:

I know some of you will tell me to search the forum but i'v done that and all i can find is just people asking about if the vari-flow works and so on, not one singel pic or better instruction about the installation.

You also could e-mail me if you got some helpful tips and/or pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe, crazy in a good way or bad way? ;)
Its a old pic, much have happend since that pic was taken.
I could post some new ones if someone would like to se some more of it.

yea the tank is a Polaris IQ440 race tank so it aint that big hehe, but the engine in her aint ether built for long trips so..
I would like to have a Ultra 680 whit pipes and so one but havent found anyone.

Are there no one that got some pic of installing the vari-flow?

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Send a private message to Tage81. He is from Sweden and speaks English pretty well. He installed an ATACC on his Pro-X 800. Even though the carbs are different, the install is basically the same.

CLICK HERE to send him a Private Message. Just fill in a message title, then whatever you want to say in the large box. Then click "Send Message" at the bottom and you're all set.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Send a private message to Tage81. He is from Sweden and speaks English pretty well. He installed an ATACC on his Pro-X 800. Even though the carbs are different, the install is basically the same.

CLICK HERE to send him a Private Message. Just fill in a message title, then whatever you want to say in the large box. Then click "Send Message" at the bottom and you're all set.[/b]
Yea I know ho he is but from what I could se on the pic he have on his pixbox.se he dont have any pic of the installation, maby he could take some pics I dont know but that would be great.

This is how I "Think" the instalation should be:
Vari-flow:

On the picture what is the reed tubing for? and what is the other white stuff under it? (I think its called a "tee")
Do I need these at all?

Carburator:

Are the installation of the Float bowl lines and Vacuum Source correct?also the sealed two lines, is that the proper installation on the carbs? (pic is borrowed from a intstallation of the atacc)

Im really greatful for quick answers

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are there an older version of the Vari-Flow?

I'v emailed Holtzman with some questions about the vari-flow and got the answer:
"where did you buy this vari flow; it appears to be about 8 years old."

But this vari-flow is unused, that was the words of the seller (bought it from a private person).
And it looks new too, no smell of gas or so, the hoses are soft like new and so on.
Even the box looks new.

I'v looked on some pic of new vari-flow and on this on and maby the jetings look different?
Can someone verify if there is 2 or more versions of the vari-flow?

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
The Variflow that I had on my SRX was purple like yours. A friend of mine just put a Vari-flow on his SRX and his is black. Not sure if this designates the different versions or not. If it does, then yes, yours is an older version. I have no clue what the differences are between the old and new vari-flow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Variflow that I had on my SRX was purple like yours. A friend of mine just put a Vari-flow on his SRX and his is black. Not sure if this designates the different versions or not. If it does, then yes, yours is an older version. I have no clue what the differences are between the old and new vari-flow.[/b]
Yes they are different.
I'v now found a paper i had in the box the vari-flow was delivered in.
The new version uses out/in let jets, and the old version uses sleeves

Now the new version has 3 jets (Alu,Cu and Brass) and the old version has sleeves (Thickwall, Thinwall and No sleeve)
The Fuel Flow/rotation angle table is a litlebit different on the old vs. the new.

The thick wall sleeve is replaced by a Copper out jet on the new version and these two have almost the same fuelflow.
The thin wall sleeve is replaced by a Brass out jet, but these two are a litle bit different from each other and the same whit using no sleeve vs. Alu out jet.

Later today I could post some pic on the different fuel flow tables (the old version is no longer to be found at holtzman's site).
It could be some "nice to know" info for you guys ho are going to install the vari-flow.

I'v also almost find out how to install the vari-flow now, the only thing im unsure about is where to place the air inlet.
From what I could se on "Tage81" pic on his site he have installed the air inlet outside the airbox, but wouldnt that mean that there is a risk that the variflow will take in "underhood air" insted of "carb intake air" and in that way maby lean out the mixture?

I promise to post some pic of the installation tomorrow sinse it seems to be a loss of that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the old vari-flow fuelflow table:

And here is the new:

Here is also a pic of the sleeves and the vari-flow:

(From left to right: Vari-flow, Thinwall sleeve, Thickwall sleeve.)

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
On a sled like a Pro-X where the carbs are vented to the airbox, I think you need the air inlet inside the airbox but I'm not for sure. I would ask Holtzman about that. I know on the SRX's they go outside the airbox, but their carbs are vented outside the airbox as well. The air inlet on an ATACC for a Pro-X goes inside the airbox, I can't see why the Vari-flow would be any different.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea i'v e-mailed holzman that question so now its just wait and see what the answer will be.

Still I do now quite understand what these outside/inside vents are.

But I do have a gutted airbox if that mathers at all apart from were to mount the air inlet (If its suppoes to be mounted in the airbox).

Pic:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now I'v drilled the hole for the vacuum in one of the carbs:

Also connected the hoses that is supoes to be connected to the var-flow:

And the Vari-flow is mounted on the console:

I'v also did put in one size bigger main jets, just to be more safe then sorry. Now its 330, and before 320.

All thats realy is left is to clean the sled, mount in the engine and mount the air intake in te airbox and connect all the hoses to the vari-flow then im done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now im almost done whit the instalation.

All thats left is to connect some hoses and install the airintake hoes in the airbox.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now the installation is complete.
Havent got time to test out the vari-flow that much yet but I do think it works now. :D

Did a little test run today, but whit little sno and no grip on the track what so ever.
Movie: ProX440rr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ya I need a pic of the variflow for my 98 srx700. I cant view them on here kuz I gotto have 10 posts. I signed up to this site because my search for instalation instructions brought me here. FRUSTRATING. Guess I gott go BS for a while. What a stiupid rule. I need one thing from this site and now your gunna make me stick around for days when all I need is to view the damn pics that are right in front of me. PITA>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok this is my 11th post and I still cant see these pics.....how come. I need to see these pics of the instalation instructions of the variflow on a srx 700 or any arctic cat carbed tripple. Can anyone tell m,e why i cant view these pics yet?

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts