Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will negatively impact forums everywhere. They think people will pay $400 per year to allow their photos to be viewed by 3rd party hosts, what a fricking joke.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I have a bunch of photos on there from years ago, is it too late to save them off there without paying?
Photobucket used to be good but they got real shitty. Now I think of it like AOL. No need for it. Who the heck is paying money in 2017 to store pictures?? Just go away Photobucket.

·
Banned
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an account since '06 and deleted it last night. Lots of people used Photobucket and their change broke all the links to the photos and sites like forums. Anyone who posted photos on this site with photobucket will now have to pay $400 for them to still work or transfer the photos to another site and redo all the links. It's going to have a bad impact on forums everywhere.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I don't care about forums or breaking links, just hoping some photos are still there because that might be the only copies left of them.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I don't care about forums or breaking links, just hoping some photos are still there because that might be the only copies left of them.
Now they force anybody who has there storage to get there wallet out. This should be illegal. Point being. It was stored there for no money before under there terms. They should only charge for any storage that is used moving forward. Old data should have no charges & be accessible...
This is literally extortion. They have you exactly where they want you.
Once again a perfect example of
"The God of Strong Holds":bigfinger:

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
End of the day it's their storage and they can do whatever they want with it. No guarantees with this stuff, they could just as easily shut their whole thing down. I won't be buying my pictures back though, they can have them I guess, meh. Lesson learned.

·
Administrator
2030 Arctic Cat 2500 - - 19-20 mileage-100,000
23,677 Posts
:c-n:

I have a "Free Account" on Photobucket, 118 pics and gif's and only 2% of my Free Storage space is being used.... :dunno:

All of my other photos are stored on my computer and I use this sites software to upload 99% of my pics and gif's onto this site as well as other sites.......:dunno:

Below is part of Photobucket's Terms of use policy..........

Photobucket.com Terms of Use

Last revised June 28, 2017

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.

Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.

Plus Account
: The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).

Available Plus Account Plans :
Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan
: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Additional Features of all Plus Accounts : When you upgrade to any Plus Account, you will also receive:

:frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know this is an old thread but maybe someone will be able to answer.

There are a lot of topics or posts where I cant see pictures and I get the message that says its from photbucket:

"Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"

Why do I need to update my account to see pictures other people are posting? Also how do you do that Ive got a photbucket account and am no where near my storage capacity and Im not sure how it can relate to a forum for viewing others pictures anyway? Anyone have any information on how I can see these photos?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The ones that posted the pictures need to update their account and start paying for it. You can't do anything to see those pictures. It's only tot do with the pictures you would post from Photobucket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts