Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a smaller quality sled to match my "wife to be" with. Have ruled out the free style line of BRP and the F5 Cat - neither are worth the money. The Phazer is in its own class in price and functionality. The ride has spent a limited amount of time on a sled and is gradually gaining confidence. Is not and will not be a high millage rider but needs a comfortable sled that is easy to control. Top speed is not an issue.

Am I right in thinking that the Phazer is the correct machine?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The Phazer is great for anyone to ride. Real smooth clutch engagement and smooth controllable power. I can see how it would be perfect for a beginner or lady, but at the same time I came from riding an F7 and 800 REV and have raced motocross my whole life and this sled has plenty of power to make it fun and the ride is excellent. An F5 would probably be ok, but I dont think it would be as easy to ride as the Phazer. :m2c:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looking for a smaller quality sled to match my "wife to be" with. Have ruled out the free style line of BRP and the F5 Cat - neither are worth the money. The Phazer is in its own class in price and functionality. The ride has spent a limited amount of time on a sled and is gradually gaining confidence. Is not and will not be a high millage rider but needs a comfortable sled that is easy to control. Top speed is not an issue.

Am I right in thinking that the Phazer is the correct machine?[/b]
My better half is a beginer as well. She got my hand me down F7 and she rode it but didnt really like it. I was always worried too becuz the sled was so powerful. Traded it in on a left over Phazer this last weekend. SHE LOVES IT. Super light and nimble and she can turn and throw it around with no problems. She also loved that she can start it on her own. Just turn the key! She put 20 miles on it on our 2 acre yard the first day. She had a smile on her face from the second she took off until she turned it off for the day. Super sled for the money. Fun little bugger too. It will impress you. I wouldnt guess its only a 500. Peppy enough to go through the deep stuff and get up hills etc but not so peppy that you have to worry about her getting bucked off. Cool little sled and perfect for my better half! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
After the 1st month of riding season has been pretty wasted due to reliability and recall/dealer issues with my wifes new TNT spending more time in the shop than on the trail, I just got a 08 Phazer RTX for her last week. We ride Tug Hill NY the home of bump country and sno-x wannabes so shes learned to ride the hard way and now after 4yrs of riding does fast paced riding, with us so far the Phazer has excelled over the TNT in bump capability and normal riding. I will say that the sled is rather "tippy" to new comers and smaller drivers (shes 5' 110lbs) vs other sleds we have and requires alot more body english to really get it to corner flat/safe. We do have a 07 F-5 LXR in our group which I will say is also a very nice sled that steers/corners the easiest of them all and is definitley a "comfort" easy riding sled its also not the fastest around and doesnt do much more than the Phazer can at top speed. I think you'll be good with either unit, but I would say the GT version may be the Phazer you might look at over the RTX which we have due to our riding locale, I would also recomend a 08 over 07 due to the link and fan issues another guy in our group has the 07 and has had a time getting the updates many others have gotten(due to backorders).

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Phazer is a great all-around machine. As mentioned it can have a tippy feeling, especially to a beginner, but you can compansate for that real easy.

If it is for a non aggresive trail rider the GT model is the best model. it has a softer suspension, tall windsheild and wind deflectors. If the ride is still too "tippy", lower it. Pull the front a rear straps up a notch or two and take most of the preload out of the shocks, front and rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My husband traded in his f7 and got me a phazer. I really feel more comfortable on that sled then I did the f7. I only rode a couple times last year on my famlily property and wasn't all that sure about my ability on the f7. I have had my phazer for a week now and all i want to do is ride. I am sure I can handle the sled. I can turn it on myself. I really think its a great sled for a beginner or any female.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know if you ever bought the sled yet but you really may want to consider something like the MXZ 500SS Trail. It is less money than the Phazer, handles better and has loads more performance. This has got to be the best value in the snowmobile industry for 2008. If you haven't bought yet swing in and I will let ya take one for a ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts