Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about the 07' Phazer for a 190lb 5'10 rider. Some what experienced snow ride, and Inter. motocross rider on kx450 last sleds where 440, Indy 500 and 600 powder special.
I think this sled might be comparable, possible get me by for the first year and then put a supercharger/turbo in the thing. What do you think?
I am going to purchase a sled soon need some input. I will go 4-stroke for sure, not stuck on Phazer just keeps running in my mind that it sound like the sled for me
Apex optional as well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi
Charlie here in Vermont.I have heard lots of good comments on this sled. I am seriously considering one myself. The price is right and it really looks cutting edge especially the 4 stroke motor.I have owned many yamaha bikes and have been happy with them the phazer really looks like a great sled for the guy who likes to rip it in the bumps and maybe is not a lake cruser as they don t ahve a high top end ( about 70) good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Only 98 miles on it so far this year, previous two seasons on the REV chasis. I ride alot of tight, twisty and rough trail on the Tug. For those 98 miles the Phazer FX felt great. Switching back and forth off the REV, it felt extremely light...nimble...comfortable. The REV felt really fat (seat) and heavy during the switcharo, suspension still was top notch. I almost did not pick up my snocheck, I am glad I did even though it has only been 98 miles so far.

I run 6'2" around 225'ish and only bottomed out once, otherwise the setup from the shop was dead on. I put it thru its paces and came away really impressed with every aspect...minus the #18 idler/guide wheel situation. The dealer was great and warrantied the fix with the mid season APEX wheels (to fix the delamination issues). Power wise, plenty for my type of riding...pulls hard and tops out in the 80's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the Rev GSX 600 SDI which I love but for the money the wife's Phazer is a better buy. Very comparable. I am breaking it in for her and love the ride. Not as fast as the DOO but fast enough for trail riding and very close on ride and cornering. May even be better. I love the riding position too. I like the durability aspect of it. I actually put the 5 year warranty on it for an exra $250.00 during the spring order period.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I think it is a great sled so far. Got 350 k on it. Only place it is lacking is in the power department and even at that it is pretty good for a 500. When I purchased it, my plan was to turbo it after a year or so. Unless of course they come out with a higher power Phazer based sled. The platform is bang on, great ride, riding position and smooth on rough trails.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am 5'9 180, used to race motocross on a cr125, bought a mtn lite. Hard to beat the price, have about 400 kms' on it, no problems. Love the feel of the sled, very comfortable to stand up while riding, reminds me a lot of beeing back on the dirt bikes. I have a lot of dirt bike riding background, and I really enjoy riding the sled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts