Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site.Long time guest finally joined.I too love my new phazer coming off a sport quad in the summer.Feels the same.But I too have had some troubles.Have had too boost it to start on some cold days.Have been back to dealer many times for updates.Still waiting for parts for others.Has anyone had problems with bottoming out suspension.I'm 6'2 225,maybe I'm too big for it.Since I'm not going too lose any weight is there anything I can do?Have already cranked everything up.Todays ride was around 100 km everything was great till I backed up and it wouldn't go into drive or reverse.Called the dealer from the trail and tried all that he sugested,no luck.Dropped it off after being towed by my buds mxzx.(hard too swalow)They think its in the gear case.The light would just flash D.Has anyone had this one yet?Still like the sled ,but it's really pushing it.Total kms 1417.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm new to this site.Long time guest finally joined.I too love my new phazer coming off a sport quad in the summer.Feels the same.But I too have had some troubles.Have had too boost it to start on some cold days.Have been back to dealer many times for updates.Still waiting for parts for others.Has anyone had problems with bottoming out suspension.I'm 6'2 225,maybe I'm too big for it.Since I'm not going too lose any weight is there anything I can do?Have already cranked everything up.Todays ride was around 100 km everything was great till I backed up and it wouldn't go into drive or reverse.Called the dealer from the trail and tried all that he sugested,no luck.Dropped it off after being towed by my buds mxzx.(hard too swalow)They think its in the gear case.The light would just flash D.Has anyone had this one yet?Still like the sled ,but it's really pushing it.Total kms 1417.[/b]
Sorry to tell ya. But the 2007 Phazers are problems sleds. Mine for example has spent 27 days (4 trips) in the shop in the first 13 months I owned it. And I haven't had a single problem that isn't a known issue for these sled. They have starter / reduction drive issues as well, so maybe your reduction drive shit the bed. To help stop the bottoming, turning up the rear shock helps. turn the clicker all the way clockwise, but make sure it's in one of the positions, (detents). A lot of guys have found Yamaha's anti bottoming kit to help a lot. Good luck.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Must be something in the air up there in Manitoba, eh?[/b]
Ya ha ha unless it's an RTX mine has been gold.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Todays ride was around 100 km everything was great till I backed up and it wouldn't go into drive or reverse.Called the dealer from the trail and tried all that he sugested,no luck.[/b]
I have found this to be a problem to. When going from drive to reverse on my 07 phazer the light sometimes blinks but won't go into reverse. I found that when it does that i just get off and nudge the sled forward a few inches and it'll grab reverse. and vise versa for reverse to drive. I've talked to alot of people about this and it seems like hit or miss between all the 07 phazers.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have found this to be a problem to. When going from drive to reverse on my 07 phazer the light sometimes blinks but won't go into reverse. I found that when it does that i just get off and nudge the sled forward a few inches and it'll grab reverse. and vise versa for reverse to drive. I've talked to alot of people about this and it seems like hit or miss between all the 07 phazers.[/b]
I do the same thing when mine doesnt want to go into reverse. Sometimes you can shut it off and try again and it will work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well got the machine back.Get this, while I was backing up a stick came up and went between the plastic panels and pulled the connector out of the relay under the battery,so it wouldn't shift at all. No big problem,no chain case issues,no fault of machine.Watch where you back up.So I got the first oil change done while it was in the shop.I also appoligized to the dealer for my ranting.Always said that I loved the machine.And special thanks to the local yamaha shop "Brandon Marine" for a speedy job.I would have purchased the machine there if they could have got one late last season,so I will be purchasing other stuff from them.I recommend them to anyone.See you on the trails..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts