Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 ski doo mxz 800 rev and it is just too hard on gas. I want a fast sled that wont take up a lot of fuel and one that is light. I have reveiwed the phazer and it is a overall nice machine but it is lony 80 hp. I dont know if that will be fast enough for me. I have heard that you can put street bike pipes on there but i dont know if that is true. i would like to get a supercharer or a turbocharer if i need one. pleae leave some sites for some performance parts. I have also reveiwed the nytro which I know would be fast enouh but it is kinda heavy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
all and all i think the sled rocks.. for 80hp the thing is nuts.. it will keep up with just about anything unless your running lakes and such. and yes you can "make" a street bike pipe fit.. just takes a little work. theres lots of people on there that have used street bike pipe, MX bike pipes, 4 wheeler pipes.. i my self made one.. and for the gas milage.. think of it this way.... the phazer will get prob twice the milage as ur 800.. spec sheet says something like 25mpg. for the speed on the phazer.. about 90 is about it.. i have heard of 98 but that would have to be on a long run. the best thing for you to do is find someone with a phazer and test it out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If your looking for a rough trail sled than this is the one for you, If you want lake racers than get an Apex or somethin. lakes are done anyhow, with suspension coming out the way it is lately who wants to ride on a lake ,go bang some ditches. I rode last weekend with 5 of my buddies who all have mxz's ranging from 99 to 02 and the ditches were very rough but I did alot of waiting around for these guys. The worst thing about it was that I was always miles ahead and was never more than half throttle cause I'm still breakin my motor in.This sled is very easy and fun to ride and I'm coming off of a mach Z so I was used to a little more power but in no way am I complaining about the jam the 500 has

·
Registered
8 Posts
no doubt, yea your gunna notice a huge difference going from a rev 800 to a four stroke 500 but the four strokes will grow on you very fast. You can turbo a phazer but your looking a few thousand and a voided warranty so for that price just get a nitro. and a as far as the fuel mileage well your looking at well over half if your comparing it to your 800. I can go 250 kms an a 30 liter tank and my buddy's rev 600 has a 40 liter tank and he can barely stretch 150 kms out of it. My buddy's all laugh at me cause i'm always the last one across the lake but at the end of the weekend when were adding up gas receipts i'm the one with the biggest grin on my face.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts