Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

First off, what a sweet site this is.

I am working on a 99 phazer 500, got the motor running smooth, but the clutch I assume is gone. Owner said it has got worse over the last three years of chasing lions and pulling a sled w/dogs. I am sure thats to be expected. Anyway it wont hardly engage, it revs high and then the clutch just bangs in and about pitches you. The tors sensor shuts it down alot too, I overroad that already. Probly obvious to all you sled junkies, am I on the right track or am I up in the night. I wanna be sure, The local shop quoted me 460 bones for the clutch kit and pullers. Seems high but I am new to all this. Any advice, or ideas would be more apreciated than you know. I am in UTAH. Again thanks a bill, and may you have snow, snow and more snow.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
a puller should set you back 20-30 bucks, take the clutch off and find out whats wrong with it, it may just need to have some goo cleened out of it.

when you have it out look for any binding, and exesive amonts of play on stuff that shouldnt move. like make sure your wieghts pivot on the bushins and dont wobble, a few bushings and somhours later you should e good to go unless somthing is really broken. did the dealer actually tell you what was wrong with it or did they jus give you a price.

while your at it i would recomend doing the secondary too, take it apart and put some new plastic slides and make sure its all cleen. then lube everything well witha dry lubricant(graphite spray), do not use anything wet like wd40 or fluid film becaus eit will atrackt belt dust and make the clutch all sticky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts