Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW! Turny and the peninsula look great! I was hoping to go to my buddie's cabin off milepost 127 just north of Trapper Creek for New Years, but haven't seen any reports of riding conditions from up that way. Has anyone been to Petersville yet? I saw last week, someone had a good time up the Willow side of Hatchers. I went to the Gate Creek Cabins website to look for an update but nothing new. Looks like twigs, trees and grass with some snow, if no one has anything to offer. Sure wish some of that stuff that hit Anchorage would have dumped up north like it did south of us!

Have a safe ride this weekend guys! Keep posting those awesome pictures of the deep pow-pow!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went last week and there was 3 to 6 inches at best in most spots. Rode some trails and packed it up.[/b]
SteFCat - Thanks for the update! You must by my friends' neighbor up there! When we ride up ther, we park at that pullout on the left side at Milepost 127 (I think?) and ride in. We were all saddled up to go for new years, but with the drop in temps, opted not to go because our little 4 yr old just can't take those sub zero temps. I'm glad I didn't drive all that way from Anchorage just to have to turn around or walk in! Hey, we'll have to hook up some time when I do get up there! I'm still learning my way, taking the ol gps with me everywhere.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Family friends have a cabin up there at 127, my dad goes there almost every weekend. He was up there this weekend for new years and said there was about 12" of fluff at the cabin and no base or very little. great place to ride if you know the area and i know it very well. Swan, Bunco and surrounding lakes back into the hills, very fun!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
My buddy works at the DOT shop at mile 121. I've ridden up there a bit. When I drove down from Fairbanks this weekend, Trapper Creek/Petersville did not look hit very hard at all.

Willow looked to have much more snow when driving back.

Rok

·
Registered
391 Posts
My buddy works at the DOT shop at mile 121. I've ridden up there a bit. When I drove down from Fairbanks this weekend, Trapper Creek/Petersville did not look hit very hard at all.

Willow looked to have much more snow when driving back.

Rok[/b]
Hey what would it take to bribe him to keep 129 parking area plowed as big as possible? It gets really tight in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts