Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how does this sled stand up. I don't know anyone that ordered one? I know of that motor they are using and from what I've read its a great motor and only running 12.5 boost is perfect for hehe increasing the boost ie radar runs "ya its stock"

Anyways would be interested if anyone has been on one etc.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
when my dealer went out to utah to ride the new ones he said it was pretty good. he usally dosent bullshit me.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
My bud rode one at the Sneak Peek also. He said he was not impressed at all.... :dunno: He may not be the best one for an opinion, as he rides a modded xc-800............ :beer:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by timmcat@Nov 20 2005, 11:22 PM
FST classic and switchback both the fastest box stock sleds from polaris this year,
118 mph with out any wrenching.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1025962
[/quote]

Where do you get your information? I hope you're right, but I guess same as all new sleds - we'll have to wait and see once the snow flys. I don't think that most of us expected those kinds of numbers.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not to worry. They won't go 118 unless Polaris has another special speedo for these. Not trying to be negative, have a Classic coming---well at least I ordered one in March.

:snowfall:

·
Registered
75 Posts
They weigh 600 pounds, do you honestly expect them to be fast?
I think they will be a great trail sled though. They produce peak torque at 5,000 rpm which is perfect for trail speeds.
Maximum Sled.com reviewed the FST Switchback and they liked it but said it was a little bit underpowered for off-trail.
I think it'll be a good machine for Polaris. Its certainly no Apex killer, but its a big step foreward from the Frontier.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Originally posted by Serpent@Nov 27 2005, 10:34 PM
They weigh 600 pounds, do you honestly expect them to be fast?
I think they will be a great trail sled though.  They produce peak torque at 5,000 rpm which is perfect for trail speeds.
Maximum Sled.com reviewed the FST Switchback and they liked it but said it was a little bit underpowered for off-trail.
I think it'll be a good machine for Polaris.  Its certainly no Apex killer, but its a big step foreward from the Frontier.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1044915
[/quote]

Yes, weight has little impact on top speed. However with acceleration, weight matters a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts