Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,087 Posts
ok this is what you can do. Twin crabs wakes that sled up. You go to your dealer and have them look up a 94 jag z 440. And make sure it is a Jag z because it has the twin carbs on it. You need to get all of the intake parts, throttle cable, carb, airbox, fule pump, and what ever other odds and ends you need to make that sled have 2 carbs. It will greatly increase out of the whole and mid rage. You will gain a little bit in top end speed but not that much. Over all performance will be 100 times better. I did this to my 96 jag back in the day and it really made a lot nice to ride in the trails.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Originally posted by Greg B.@Sep 19 2005, 12:55 PM
ok this is what you can do. Twin crabs wakes that sled up. You go to your dealer and have them look up a 94 jag z 440. And make sure it is a Jag z because it has the twin carbs on it. You need to get all of the intake parts, throttle cable, carb, airbox, fule pump, and what ever other odds and ends you need to make that sled have 2 carbs. It will greatly increase out of the whole and mid rage. You will gain a little bit in top end speed but not that much. Over all performance will be 100 times better. I did this to my 96 jag back in the day and it really made a lot nice to ride in the trails.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=881881
[/quote]

Would still be cheaper and far better off selling his sled and buying something bigger. Its not worth the hassle going though all that. He will also need to reclutch as well I'm sure if it makes that much difference as you claim.

Just buy a bigger machine like a zr 440 or a zr 500 and sell your sled.

·
Registered
21,087 Posts
not really. its only a few hundered dollars to do that. most of the parts you can get used now for cheap. If he could get 800 bucks for that sled he would be lucky. he would still have to add another 1000 on to it plus money for the stuff that is wore out on a used sled.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
So he cant find a bigger sled in the 1500.00 range? One thing is for sure, bolting on an extra carb isnt a 5 minute job and its not going to make performance 100 times better. He would be far better off with a bigger machine and the performance increase would be alot more, especially starting off with something else that is already fast to begin with and not dumping unnessessary money into a non performance or slower sled.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Tell me what you want overall performance wise, ive way more money into performance in my sled then its worth. I could of easily bought another sled but i just liked this sled to much to get rid of it, so put money into making it better.

First i would say clutch it, i dont know how serious you want to get with your jag, but if you go for a 99 Z440 sno pro stock AC clutching. It will keep your RPMs at 6900(max hp for your motor will be around here, maybe a few more as you dont have the mods i do), but if you order that and get the twin carbs off ebay or soemthing is the easiest, then it will wake it up. Post more specifically what you want to go faster.

But is your primary the stock 6 bolt? or the newer 9 bolt?

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
I had a 94 JAG Z, They are quite a bit faster than the jag. Stock clutching is red primary spring 48.5 gram weights, 53 helix, blue spring in secondary(7200rpm), there is better clutching that will wake it up some more. Fun little sled. :div20:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Greg B.@Sep 19 2005, 10:44 PM
not really. its only a few hundered dollars to do that. most of the parts you can get used now for cheap. If he could get 800 bucks for that sled he would be lucky. he would still have to add another 1000 on to it plus money for the stuff that is wore out on a used sled.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=883155
[/quote]
my dealer said that he would give me 2 grand for the mechine
it only has 1600 miles on it

·
Registered
21,087 Posts
really wow. trade that thing in if you can and get a differnt sled if possible. even canadian dollars for that sled that is a very good trade in price. I bet you would have a hard time selling that sled out right slef for 2g's canadian.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts