Hardcore Sledder banner

Performance Manual

2K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  catman 
#1 ·
Hey I know some of you guys were mentioning buying the performance manual and was just wondering what your thoughts are? Is there any good info there or has pretty much all the set up tips already been discussed here? I know this site has been a real wealth of info for me. Rob if you lived closer I'd buy you a beer, or two, or three......

#8 ·
Does it cover calibration for the carbs on f5-such as main jets,needle position,pilot jets etc. how about clutch info on the f5-thanx scott

#9 ·
Yeah, how 'bout a little bit more infor as to what exactly is in the performance manual. For those of us who aren't racers, what useful information is in there for the average performance minded F7/5 enthusiast? Could someone please elaborate a bit on this and/or perhaps post a scan of the table of contents??? Thanks to whoever can help with this! -- Roy

#10 ·
bee, yes it does cover all the things you asked and oh so much more! I'm looking through mine now and I dont think theres much it doesn't cover. I've never had a perf. manual for any other sled so I cant compare it to past reference books,but I like this one.Complete teardowns,nice wiring diagrams.The table of contents goes like this;SPECIFICATIONS,FUEL SYSTEM,ENGINE INFORMATION,CLUTCHING,TRACK AND SUSPESION,MICELLANY,RACING INFORMATION.The book is approximately one inch thick.For the thirty bucks,its worth it!

#12 ·
im very impressed with the wiring diagram. those eight bars on the speedo are for the fuel gauge it is official. also i was impressed you can select if you are running 9 or 10 tooth driver. i think you could also hook up the two buttons on the speedo to a remote switch. ( need to read a little more.)

The only purpose i bought this thing for was the wiring diagram
Cant wait to wire up my lights.. so the high and low beam can be on at the same time.
:p

#14 ·
Thanx guys-will be getting one tomorrow-hay if i cant ride and least i can read and then perform all mods on f5 and then read some more,and by that time it will be april and i will have 220 miles on my f5 here in wisconsin because theres no damn snow!!!!!!!!!!

#16 ·
I haven't picked mine up yet but in years past it always gave some good starter info for setups on ice /grass drags & snocross. Sometimes included service bulletins that were currently out. Remember this is usually printed before alot of testing has been done or sometimes before a current model is even released. Usually worth the $$$$.
Just my$.02

#17 ·
Originally posted by DillonConstruxn@Dec 16 2002, 05:51 PM
In my opinion we should get this manual with the sled. Would it hurt to throw in a free manual with a $7000+ sled? Just my 2c.
Not trying to be a smartass or anything but I'm sure that's the last thing Cat wants. Picture a first time snowmobiler flipping open that book and thinking "Gee I should move this and adjust that..." the warranty lines would be incredible! :wacko:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.