Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my sled to the shop to see what I can do with out putting a big bore kit on. I have great clutching, (I think), Boondocker and speedwerx pipe,He suggersted an extra wheel assembly for the slide curve area, larger intake, V-Force reeds and they came out with a new Y pipe. Any other suggestions????? Oh yeah I have a 2005 F7 efi ext
Thanks

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Synthetic lube in the DD, and those hard rollers by the DD outfit...

also, run your track as loose as possible and add the larger rear skid wheels.

:celebrating:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Originally posted by LilRabbit@Oct 1 2005, 07:13 AM
I took my sled to the shop to see what I can do with out putting a big bore kit on.  I have great clutching, (I think), Boondocker and speedwerx pipe,He suggersted an extra wheel assembly for the slide curve area, larger intake, V-Force reeds and they came out with a new Y pipe. Any other suggestions????? Oh yeah I have a 2005 F7 efi ext
Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902413
[/quote]

I have the same sled.
What MPH are you getting and what RPM? Are you aure your clutching is on??
Try a 2 degree key. It will clean up the throttle.

I agree skip the reeds and airbox.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Originally posted by jimitski@Oct 3 2005, 02:30 PM
send out your cdi to cat and get the race one pretty good gain :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905700
[/quote]

Hey what dealer you work at and Location?????? I am guessing you are suggesting this cdi for race only ????? And you do have to be on the racer program to get the race program correct ??????

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks alot this has been very helpful info. I have seen 117mph at 8040RPM, wide open for (not sure, seems like not very long)?? which I think is great. I deal with Hanna's Performance. Hubbard Lake area. 117 was on digital, on the gauge it looks like the needle is past 120 but not sure how accurate.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Well if you are getting 117 on a stock F7EXT then you are indeed lucky.

Short of going to a BigBore and regearing the DD there would not be much more you can do on the Big end.

117 for 8000 rpm is about all the DD gearing will give you unless you gear up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts