Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it is possible to install perc on liberty engines that didn't originally have perc :dunno:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I will be installing PERC on my wifes 2003 Edge X 600 in the net few months. I believe that is the liberty engine. I got the kit from a dealer in St. Cloud, MN that was running a 25% off sale on them. Not a big savings, but the best that I have seen in awhile. Last time I looked they were running the deal again.

I got a big box of stuff, at one point I considered trying to piece it together via e-bay and such, but after seeing all the parts, I am glad I did not.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
older sleds need more parts like flywheels, pick up coils, cdi units, oil pumps, pull start drives???? maybe more! yes it can be done . is it worth it????? I have both a perc sled and a sled with chain case reverse, the chain case is faster forward and backwards but is clunky and lots of moveing parts....

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by samatt@Aug 28 2005, 12:07 PM
I will be installing PERC on my wifes 2003 Edge X 600 in the net few months.  I believe that is the liberty engine.  I got the kit from a dealer in St. Cloud, MN that was running a 25% off sale on them.  Not a big savings, but the best that I have seen in awhile.  Last time I looked they were running the deal again. 

I got a big box of stuff, at one point I considered trying to piece it together via e-bay and such, but after seeing all the parts, I am glad I did not.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850680
[/quote]
Got a name or # for that dealer?

·
Registered
844 Posts
The place is Bristow's. This is their web site bristowsinc.com

You can check their prices by going to the SHOP ON-LINE section and choosing cataloges. then scroll down to the Polaris snowmobile apparal & accessories cataloge. From there choose luxuary accessories and then scroll down to PERC reverse kits, 2nd one from the bottom.

Make sure of the part number you are ordering. when I talked with my local dealer he verified the part number I needed and stated that some of the brochures were listing the wrong part numbers. Parts books were right.

When I ordered the kit, they told me I had to place the order on-line in order to get the price. After I placed the order on-line I called to verify all information with them before shipping.

They are nice people to deal with. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
in regards to jman1 ?:

Also,check what secondary your getting,unless you order a rmk kit,it will with come with a polaris roller sec with a machined helix to work with perc,with only [pretty sure ]2 helix options and 3 spring options.

if i had to do it again, id go with the rmk perc

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by Xc Special@Aug 29 2005, 11:07 AM
Also,check what secondary your getting,unless you order a  rmk kit,it will with come with a polaris roller sec with a machined helix to work with perc,with only [pretty sure ]2 helix options and 3 spring options.

if i had to do it again, id go with the rmk perc
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851794
[/quote]
I already have the team secondary. So I won't get a clutch with the kit I order.

·
Registered
356 Posts
easiest thing to do is go to polaris website and see if the have one for your particular model. I know for a fact it can be done on o3 and newer xc's if put one on mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts