Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hello everyone......

Second.....
Im looking to install perc reverse on my 03 800 xc sp. I have searched and found lots of info but not all my questions have been answered as some of it is contradicting.

So if someone can clarify for me i would be grateful.

1) So from what i have read all 2003 800 cdi are pre programmed with cdi weather the sled has it or not so i simply need the cdi pigtail that has the hookup for the handle bar button.

2) i will need the handle bar button or any monetary button wired to the cdi pigtail to activate it.

3) 2003 800 xc already have the correct oil pump and flywheel.

4) if i want i will need to run a wire to the dash for the reverse light but it is not necessary.

5) i will need a secondary from a sled with reverse.

I dont think i am missing anything......

Cheers

·
Registered
2003 Edge X 700
139 Posts
1) So from what i have read all 2003 800 cdi are pre programmed with cdi weather the sled has it or not so i simply need the cdi pigtail that has the hookup for the handle bar button.
That's not accurate, part of the PERC kit available from Polaris included a new CDI. The PERC CDI's also use a different CDI harness as there is more wires coming from the CDI and the plug is a different shape. I believe the PERC CDI is a 24-pin while the older CDIs have 16 pins.

See attached, it's the instructions for the '03 700/800 PERC kits.

Yes, your '03 already has reverse-compatible oil pump and the 18-degree timing flywheel used on 2003+ models (2002 and earlier were 14degree I believe, and those models needed flywheel/stator swaps to make PERC work). Your '03 also has the reverse-compatible starter pawl that doesn't catch on the starting pulley cage.

I'd recommend running a wire to the light for the dash. Even when I had mechanical reverse with the handle sticking way out, the number of times I forgot I was in reverse when I would hit the throttle...

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts