Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i JUST WANTED TO SEE IF THE AFTER MARKET OILS ARE OFFERING MORE PROTECTION COMPAIRED TO ARTIC CAT APV OIL.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I run Klotz. Maybe that's why it took over 1300 miles for the problem to occur. :unsure:

·
Registered
94 Posts
With an F7 I would not mess around. Put the Klotz snowmobile oil in and ride it hard. The Klotz meets all of the International oil standards for 2 strokes.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run klotz in my sled also. I have had good luck with it in my quad. Also i have a friend who builds race quads and that is all he runs.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Try Castrol Snowmobile Oil. I have any old piece of shit right now and I have had no oil related problems with it. Blew a clutch but figured that was from a hairline crack. Stuff works great.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Amsol 1900 miles between 2 F7s, and 1000 miles on 1 03 MC900.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
mine burnt down with cat apv oil with 406 miles on it. I normaly run amsoil but didn't want to give cat a reason not to warranty it if it blew up.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Cat APV at 850 miles..... Its not the type of oil being used thats causing the burn downs it's a lack of oil........ Doesnt matter what you are using if you don't use enough of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Amsoil 2000, 600 miles lost my PTO cylinder & piston. Don't believe it is oil related but rather the oil pumps inconsistantcies in oil delivery. Had dealer replace piston & cylinder, still running Amsoil 2000 and 1000 miles later without any problems. Amazing how much better it runs with both cylinders working. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts