Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a bitch of a time connecting my 76Csx GPS to my computer, I've done the device manager, install new hardware and the USB controller just doesn't get the driver. Garmin GPS does show up in the list of devices :dunno: :banghead:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Same kind of trouble I had. I have an older set of MapSource CDs, and a Map 76S. I just bought my Dad a Vista Cx, and as soon as I loaded the usb drivers it started shutting down the program as soon as I started it. Went to the Garmin site, and after some digging found a software patch that cured the trouble. Good luck!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had a hard time getting it set up on my father-in-law's computer too. Try uninstalling any Garmin drivers you have and removing it from the hardware manager. Then download the newest driver and unit software from Garmin's site, install the driver, and then if the unit updater sees your GPSr, update its software. I think those were the steps I had to go through to get it to work without mapsource.

If you have mapsource, uninstall everything and try installing mapsource again, then install the newest mapsource update, and then install the updated driver and unit software from Garmin.

I don't have a PC nearby at the moment so I can't verify those steps myself, but hopefully that'll work.

-Ryan

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a hard time getting it set up on my father-in-law's computer too. Try uninstalling any Garmin drivers you have and removing it from the hardware manager. Then download the newest driver and unit software from Garmin's site, install the driver, and then if the unit updater sees your GPSr, update its software. I think those were the steps I had to go through to get it to work without mapsource.

If you have mapsource, uninstall everything and try installing mapsource again, then install the newest mapsource update, and then install the updated driver and unit software from Garmin.

I don't have a PC nearby at the moment so I can't verify those steps myself, but hopefully that'll work.

-Ryan[/b]
OK I did what you said and the GPS can now connect with trip and waypoint manager, and I was able to load my tracks ffom out west onto the map included with waypoint manager. The problem now is the TOPO software doesn't see the GPS on the USB port :banghead: HELP

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which TOPO software? Do you mean National Geographic TOPO or Garmin's Topo? If it's the Garmin Mapsource Topo, try downloading the newest version of Mapsource here: http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

If you have some good tracks, would you mind e-mailing them to me or uploading them at my site? [email protected]

-Ryan[/b]
I have Mapsource TOPO, I'll try that link, and yes I will send you my tracks, they are from the Snowy Mountains in WY.

I've been to the Garmin update page, I'm running window Me, maybe that is the problem :smashpc:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts