Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 80 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
One could only imagine the sales boom a manufacturer could have if they brought to life a modern light weight triple. I know I would throw down my cash on one.
Sign me up! I haven't bought a new sled since 2009. Offer a triple, and I'm in...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,548 Posts
Imagine a buttery smooth 175+ hp churning out of a modern new technology lightweight triple. What would be even more exciting is what the aftermarket companies could come up with? Just maybe with the reinvented Mach Z other manufacturers will look into producing models designed for the lakes in limited numbers.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Imagine a buttery smooth 175+ hp churning out of a modern new technology lightweight triple. What would be even more exciting is what the aftermarket companies could come up with? Just maybe with the reinvented Mach Z other manufacturers will look into producing models designed for the lakes in limited numbers.
.....and put a lil girth into the bodywork so we got something to shield us from the cold air....

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I definitely think a triple two stroke could be a thing again. But it's going to be a triple/single like an xlt, just no room for a triple/triple under the hood.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
.....and put a lil girth into the bodywork so we got something to shield us from the cold air....

no thanks. Smaller and lighter the better for me. I’ve never felt cold on a Matryx with a mid windshield. First sled in 15 years I didn’t need gauntlets. I’d like a 200HP 2 stroke too...but don’t need any extra weight or bulk

·
Registered
227 Posts
The seat of my pants told me that the 2021 650 I demoed felt as strong as my recently rebuilt 800. My bud who has a '19 850, ordered a XCR 650 and he's been a Poo man for 40 years in the snowmobile capital of Vermont.

·
Vendor
10,291 Posts
broke in 650 just put down 142 h.p. on the dyno. i knew it was F-7 like power. seeing i toasted 3 of them this year. in a short run. 660'. on snow as my 650 is not studded. it will break 100 mph. not by much but it gets there as fast as anything.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
broke in 650 just put down 142 h.p. on the dyno. i knew it was F-7 like power. seeing i toasted 3 of them this year. in a short run. 660'. on snow as my 650 is not studded. it will break 100 mph. not by much but it gets there as fast as anything.
? so unstudded 650 will get to 100 mph as fast as "anything" Not the 650's I have seen. Great motor but both my 850 VR1 or my 850 assault gaps a 650 pretty badly.....and well before reaching the 100 mph mark.

Reactions: TurboJamie

·
Registered
396 Posts
Good lord. Here we go again. It would be nice to have a thread where guys didn't have to compare their dicks like a bunch of kids on the playground.

The 650 is fast.
The 850 is super fast.

The end.

138-142hp is very impressive from the 650. After driving one this year I was impressed enough to order it over the 850.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
? so unstudded 650 will get to 100 mph as fast as "anything" Not the 650's I have seen. Great motor but both my 850 VR1 or my 850 assault gaps a 650 pretty badly.....and well before reaching the 100 mph mark.
Exactly!

Good lord. Here we go again. It would be nice to have a thread where guys didn't have to compare their dicks like a bunch of kids on the playground.

The 650 is fast.
The 850 is super fast.

The end.

138-142hp is very impressive from the 650. After driving one this year I was impressed enough to order it over the 850.
Got nothing to do with measuring dicks. Has to do with stopping the spread of bullshit information by aftermarket guys looking to sell product. Anyone believing a 600 / 650 clutched or not is hanging with an 850 is in need of education. That's all there is to it. No one would care but when someone is making bullshit claims it needs to be set right.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Thinking thats what I would be interested in a new sled in that class. My old gen2 660 runs great and feels like it'll pull my arms out of socket compared to my 13 Indy but the old xcsp feels like a tank.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

The 650 is fast.
The 850 is super fast.

The end.

Exactly!

Got nothing to do with measuring dicks. Has to do with stopping the spread of bullshit information by aftermarket guys looking to sell product. Anyone believing a 600 / 650 clutched or not is hanging with an 850 is in need of education. That's all there is to it. No one would care but when someone is making bullshit claims it needs to be set right.
Is this a Canadian child hood thing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think where the power hits on the 650 engine is really what makes it feel lively and fast. The mid range on the 650 is what puts a smile on my face. I was impressed with my VR1 650 that I went and ordered a XCR 650.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
X2. I have always gotten bigger and fast sleds as I got my next new one. My 21 650 was the first time I went down on power and I didn't mind it due to the way the power band is on the 650. Liked the 650 enough to order a 22 xcr.

61 - 80 of 146 Posts