Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
Edge Fuji 800 Triple Star
680 Posts
Only one way to find out, bring them all out to the XCR Shootout next year. Snow or ice, we’ll still run away from any of those twin cupcakes. They do ride nice if you like standing up while wearing white sunglasses, flat brim hats, and sitting down to pee.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Only one way to find out, bring them all out to the XCR Shootout next year. Snow or ice, we’ll still run away from any of those twin cupcakes. They do ride nice if you like standing up while wearing white sunglasses, flat brim hats, and sitting down to pee.
Put yours all back to stock and I’ll be there. Not mostly stock, stock. Mine is stock.

You’re trolling just for the sake of trolling. We’re all snowmobilers in the end. I love the old iron too but I don’t try hijacking threads complaining about how bad they ride and how much gas they guzzle. Besides, if we quit buying the new ones the sport would die. Simple fact.

·
Registered
Edge Fuji 800 Triple Star
680 Posts
Keep talking about engine dyno numbers like they matter. The track numbers and drag racing results don’t lie.

besides what else are you wigs going to talk about off-season? 🤝

·
Registered
206 Posts
Keep talking about engine dyno numbers like they matter. The track numbers and drag racing results don’t lie.

besides what else are you wigs going to talk about off-season? 🤝
I’m on record on this site saying I don’t care about dyno numbers. Way too many laps under my belt to get fooled by a dyno sheet. But when I’m pulling up to the line it’s nice to have the bigger dyno sheet in my pocket.

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault and 21 Indy XC 650 137
3,307 Posts
I wanted to know where the peak power was so I know what to clutch to. 135-138 don't really care what the number is, just want to know where it's at. You guys are getting way to excited about 30 year old lumber wagons.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Go spend a day trail riding an RXL...sounds like fun. 🤣
I wouldn’t spend 5 mins trail riding a 10 year old sled let alone a vintage one. I get enjoying old POS iron. Have had Vmax 4, srx’s, old xcrs. They just good for short nostalgic bursts when snow is limited.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I wouldn’t spend 5 mins trail riding a 10 year old sled let alone a vintage one. I get enjoying old POS iron. Have had Vmax 4, srx’s, old xcrs. They just good for short nostalgic bursts when snow is limited.
Exactly...I love the old iron but there really is no comparison to what’s out there now.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
My 00 XCSP 500 spanked stock RXLs. No way would it beat a new 650.
Exactly...I love the old iron but there really is no comparison to what’s out there now.
oh come on, we can compare what’s faster, the old old 650 or the new one, it’s all in fun.

Has anyone on here even went 100 plus mph gps on a new 650? The only person I know to gps his 650 says on packed snow trail it was topped out in the 90’s.

·
Registered
417 Posts
oh come on, we can compare what’s faster, the old old 650 or the new one, it’s all in fun.

Has anyone on here even went 100 plus mph gps on a new 650? The only person I know to gps his 650 says on packed snow trail it was topped out in the 90’s.
My new XCR 650 will require the 7S (flux capacitor) to provide 1.21 gigawatts of power and needs to travel 88 miles per hour (142 km/h) to initiate time travel. Thats fast enough!

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,548 Posts

The last day I rode this season our 650 was pulling 104-105 speedo readings on long straight a ways. Although I never checked the 650 with gps this season I know from experience that my 840’s differ about 6-7 mph from speedo to gps. With that being said I’m sure a 650 will definitely break 100 on hard surfaces such as ice. Most 650’s are over revving and really benefit from a set of QAP3 adjustable weights.

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault and 21 Indy XC 650 137
3,307 Posts

An old single pipe 650 efi made what a whole 100hp?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would be interested in seeing what a geared 14 wide hacksaw equipped and slammed 650 would radar. Lots of top end loss with the big lug track and tall suspension. I would think it would surprise a few.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,137 Posts
I would be interested in seeing what a geared 14 wide hacksaw equipped and slammed 650 would radar. Lots of top end loss with the big lug track and tall suspension. I would think it would surprise a few.
. Do you think the 14 vs 15 hack would make much difference?

·
Registered
350 Posts
. Do you think the 14 vs 15 hack would make much difference?
For sure would be worth a little. Lots of guys around me are running the big wheel kits with that setup on 850s on the ice. Some of the reasons the old13.5 tracked Fire Cats were fast on top end was the narrow track. My asphalt track is only 10 wide and makes a difference in drag on top end. I would think a 650 setup for speed would be interesting. Although I wouldn't want to trail ride one. lol

41 - 60 of 146 Posts