Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they have passed a few new passport laws, but does anyone know if a passport is needed to get into Canada and to get back to th US as an American citizen?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Are you sure you need a passport to come into Canada as an American citizen? I'm pretty sure you only need it as a Canadian crossing into the states. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Are you sure you need a passport to come into Canada as an American citizen? I'm pretty sure you only need it as a Canadian crossing into the states. I could be wrong though.[/b]

In 2008 by car and in 2 weeks by palne you will need one not to enter canada but to be allowed to return to the US.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Are you sure you need a passport to come into Canada as an American citizen? I'm pretty sure you only need it as a Canadian crossing into the states. I could be wrong though.[/b]
Yes, this is due to new American law.
Except by auto, all travellers entering the US (including Americans) must show a valid Passport effective this month.
Effective Jan. 2008 this will include ALL motorists crossing into the US.

Canadian tourism by US residents is expected to take a pounding since many Americans do not possess a valid passport and would likely not be interested in the hassle and expence of acquiring one if not totally necessary. Same goes for Canadians. This will kick the daylights out of our afternoon cross border shopping junkets to Niagara Falls and Buffalo.
Thank Bin Laden.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts