Rack carbs

Exhaust valves

any leeds appreciated ..

Can message Steve @ 607.434.2445

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"motor build" for what? An XCR 800 sled?
Basically using what stock I have left .. 2 Ultra bottoms and cranks .. xcr8 cylinders or xcr600 bored out to 72 .. found 2 sets of rack carbs in a box .. put it in an indy trail lite or wedge ..

Need cranks rebuilt
Need exhaust valves
Need black slides
Need pipes

·
Registered
Decker Race ported 96 Ultra SP drag build
160 Posts
Aggressive pipes may fit with a couple of dents in the pipes if you don't plan on cutting hood or pan for fitment.

·
Premium Member
19,673 Posts
I owned a 96 Ultra wedge chassis a few years ago. The previous owner installed a complete 2002 XCR 800 engine and pipes. It needed some trimming of the plastic hood, but fit pretty well. I sold it to a guy who lives in Frankenmuth, MI. He sometimes posts on HCS. Maybe he'll see this and post his comments.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,183 Posts
I owned a 96 Ultra wedge chassis a few years ago. The previous owner installed a complete 2002 XCR 800 engine and pipes. It needed some trimming of the plastic hood, but fit pretty well. I sold it to a guy who lives in Frankenmuth, MI. He sometimes posts on HCS. Maybe he'll see this and post his comments.
That is a nice looking MY96 Ultra SP. I see that it retained the Xtra-10 suspension. Always liked the lavender accent colors on those black wedges.

Polaris never did explain to me, why the MY96 XLT SP had an Xtra-12 suspension, and the MY96 Ultra SP had the Xtra-10 suspension.

·
Registered
Decker Race ported 96 Ultra SP drag build
160 Posts
I owned a 96 Ultra wedge chassis a few years ago. The previous owner installed a complete 2002 XCR 800 engine and pipes. It needed some trimming of the plastic hood, but fit pretty well.
That comes as a surprise. I was always led to believe it took 99 pipes to work! Nice machine!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts