Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
20,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P/N for the new "updated" smart valve is 1670-460. Just got off the phone with my Cat guy, and that's what he gave me. Also, P/N 0610-415 is for the 8mm hose clamps that go with it.

Hope that helps you guys...
Chris

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sort of new to this whole smart valve controversy, is this a problem with all F7's? Or just when you run low on gas?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good ? - According to Rob and LaBonte it can happen on any sled, anytime. I have created Word documents with different names, like 'F7 Suspension', 'F7 Delivery', and 'F7 Problems' and I copy from here and paste to them so that I can refer to them, as some of these items may not apply to me now but later. I will then print these out and put them in a ziplock back along with my warranty sheet, registration, and insurance so that I have them at all times. Sounds anal - my wife says this about me on alot of things! Anyway, it seems smart to me, not much of a problem. I am (admittingly) very organized!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I do pretty much the same thing. My wife is pretty cool, but she is not too sure why I spend so much time thinking about snowmobiling when we look out the window and it looks like the middle of summer....

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
LabonteF7,

It appears to me that the part# your dealer gave you for the "updated Smart Valve" is what came in the sled already from the factory. After looking at the parts breakdown, the 2 valves are different because 1 has to be 'in-line' of the other. The second one is the 'vented' valve and also has only 1 end that will allow a hose to go on it. At first I was thinking that maybe your dealer was going to install 2 of the 'vented', part#1670-460 smart valves but that wont work after seeing the actual set-up in the diagram..... hmmmmm

Keep us posted on this one, ok?
-John

F7 Smart Valve parts diagram with part #'s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts