Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a rumor that parks such as mont tremblant, mont valins and such will be off limits to snowmobiles as of 2009. Anybody know if this is true or not? It would be devastating to lose access to such beautiful areas.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have also heard that some parks will be closed to snowmobiling. I haven't heard which ones other than 548 going across Temiscouata toward Squatec, whatever park or reserve or preserve that the trail goes through will not be open next year. They are going to reroute the trail around the north end of the lake. Too bad, always see deer in there and I enjoy the trail so much. The deer yard is a special treat!

It will all be big news soon.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Its been the talk for the last few years. If it passes it would mean all parks in Quebec would be closed to snowmobiles.
Quebec is becoming a very unfriendly place for snowmobiles .
If this passes it will put an end to snowmobiling in Quebec because if we loose the parks we will loose more trail access on public and private lands.
We have already loss a huge chunk of the trail network within a 60 mile radius from montreal.
I really dont know whats going on with the quebec people.
I also heard of some lakes banning snowmobiles hell ist been going on on our lakes for boats and theirs no end in site.
The goverment has to step in but they are also to blame, to many tree hugger in power and useless postions occupied so they have to make a few laws every now and then to prove they are working.

·
Registered
554 Posts
i saw a petition floating around here somewhere.....or quebecrider.com

gotta stop that shit from happening......they will lose millions of dollars.....and its not like we are all over the parks...maybe a small trail goes through which is a small percentage of these huge parks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
wow....surprising?

I never though Quebec would jump on the band wagon. They always have seemed to beat to their own drum in that province.

I feel bad for the resort operators.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I hate to point out the obvious but. If we have lost trails through these parks it is because we as snowmobilers did not speak loud enough or with enough numbers, also the resort owners need to go after their politians talking about closures and/or layoffs in the winter months due to loss of snowmobile business. The loss of jobs is huge in political eyes.

Snowmobiling will continue to be restricted by the tree huggers as long as they out number us and speak louder to the politians. Just remember the loudest and strongest voice always wins, this is still a democracy.

:r_c:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Why is the President of Quebec snowmobile association bowing down to these ridiculous demands ?

FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS !!!!

STOP GIVEING IN ALL THE TIME !!!!!!!!

I heard him on the radio , he clames the club will need more time to make trails to go around the pack ??????

NO WAY !!!! SNOWMOBILES HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH THE PARK FOR OVER 20 YEARS

The TREE HUGGERS that want to save the enviroment should start in the city (Monttreal ) where they live !!!!

STOP DRIVEING EMPTY CITY BUSES AROUND every 20 minutes for peoples CONVENIENCE , CUT DOWN ON POLUTION IN THE CITY !!!!!!!

EVERYONE ON ALL THE SNOWMOBILE SITES SHOULD FIGHT THIS !!!!!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
we may have to form a march against this.

where do we begin!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Why does everyone over-react before they even read the article. We are not done yet. A panel of snowmobilers, snowmobile manfs, govt officials etc are working on a study that is looking into rerouting trails so they can avoid the parks. This will take awhile and will get extended again most likely. Quebec is not going to watch 725 million in snowmobile business go away.

But we do need to be more vocal. Too many people just ride and don't get involved.

·
Registered
781 Posts
And Quebec has put Normand Lacroix on the committee, he is the guy who put a stop to the Petit Train du Nord trail....I wonder who else is on that?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Where is BRP or other manufactures on this?[/b]
Thats my exact Question ! And on top of things they screw us by charging a Quebec made machine made in our own backyard $3000 to $4000 more than you can buy one in the states !
I dont think they care all that much because they have found a potential very huge market in Russia !

·
Registered
666 Posts
I don't know how it works in Quebec, but

Shouldn't there be some kind of public forum where locals can voice their opinions/concerns?

Such ignorant comments made by someone, who is a part of a committee setup to determine our fate, are scary to me and such a person needs to be educated.

Saying that our SPORT is not demanding reflects that he has obviously never tried it, or spoken to someone whom he trusts who has. This person has been given a great deal of power, out of what appears to be political correctness.

As an analogy, Myself, the president of my local home owners association, would certainly not put a plumber on a committee setup to evaluate the use of metal roofs in my community just because he complained about the noise produced when it is raining.

Furthermore, if that plumber was quoted in a newspaper with something like, "Saying metal roofs are real roofs is rediculous. These people just put tinfoil on their houses and try to call them roofs to say they belong in our neighbourhoods, when in reality they just belong on cookie sheets to catch grease drips. Save our communities" I would be embarrassed enough to remove him from such a committee, but I doubt that will happen in this case.

Seems like a strange approach to a problem, if that's what it should be called.

·
Registered
46 Posts
And Quebec has put Normand Lacroix on the committee, he is the guy who put a stop to the Petit Train du Nord trail....I wonder who else is on that?[/b]
Yep it is sad. Imo it was the beging of the end when the trail Petit was closed. You cant tell me something could not have work for all. I personally think there is a lot of big money being put in the tramblant area and snowmobiling is not part of plain. Yes I am sure he did have a home in that area. I would love to know the money that is being spread to the people in power to help get their waqy. I think they want no public access to all public land other than by foot or horse back. Just look at the shop and restraunt owner in tamblant and the impact the trail closing had on them. Some I know personal that lost all. Now take a minute to think about the big picture if this happens. People need to start yelling and load it is not to late. PS put me in coach I am ready to fight

1 - 18 of 18 Posts