Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting ready for a 3 day ride in early feb....backpacking it and staying in 3 different cities..if my memory is correct ( whats left of it ) there is a large space to pack on the trail head of trail no. 431 ( just north of seney )..my question is: can i park there for 3 days?

·
Registered
66 Posts
You probably can, but I'm not sure I'd want to leave my stuff unattended out in the middle of nowhere. You can park at the town park in Seney. It's right behind the Fox River Motel and has plenty of people around. Call the Fox River Motel to be sure: http://www.foxrivermotel.com/

The owners are the vice president and secretary of the Seney Snowmobile Association: http://www.seneysnowmobiling.com/

Rob

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks buckford, when you say room...do you think there is enough to accomodate the 24 riders ill have with me. ( 6 four place trailers and a 2 place )....is that the hotel that is across the street from the bar?..stayed there 2 years ago and the owners were great people

·
Registered
66 Posts
There should be enough room. Definately call to make sure. The Fox River Motel is on the corner of M28 and M77(a couple hundred feet down from the bar and accross the street). I think the Seney Country Inn is directly accross from Andys Bar. This is splitting hairs, though. Both places are nice places to stay.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
getting ready for a 3 day ride in early feb....backpacking it and staying in 3 different cities..if my memory is correct ( whats left of it ) there is a large space to pack on the trail head of trail no. 431 ( just north of seney )..my question is: can i park there for 3 days?[/b]

We patrol that area as well and I also would not leave my truck and gear overnight... Don at Fox river motel is the man to ask as the other post stated.... He is also the VP of Michigan Snowmobile Association..... ( MSA ) ....

There was some talk of closing trail 431 due to logging, but I have not heard anymore or If a re route was in place.... Don will know... Post the answer on HCS if you find anything out..

·
Registered
129 Posts
We patrol that area as well and I also would not leave my truck and gear overnight... Don at Fox river motel is the man to ask as the other post stated.... He is also the VP of Michigan Snowmobile Association..... ( MSA ) ....
There was some talk of closing trail 431 due to logging, but I have not heard anymore or If a re route was in place.... Don will know... Post the answer on HCS if you find anything out..[/b]
I have not heard of 431 out of Seney being closed, I did hear that back in December they were running the side of M77 up to the fox river because of the swamp not being frozen. Kay from the Grand Marais trail system is reporting that 443 is closed from 88 to 8 due to logging, I beleive this is Old Seney Rd North of the turn off towards Newberry.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just spoke with diane and they are going to work something out for us. thanks for all of your help...viper chick hit it on the head: about an 8 mile stretch being re-routed near grand maris...there is about a 2 mile stretch near seney that will be rerouted soon, but it will be complete before feb....mr lawdog, thats for your insight and for everything you do on the trail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts