Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just got back from Paradise in the UP. Trails were really good. Trail 8 to Grand Marais is a must. Dam that trail is fast.(wide smoot, lots of straits and nice impacted sweeping turns. My dad was 5 mins behind the fcat coming out of the stretch) My advice is not to go on fri or sat. Trails can get bumpy during those days. On Sat we rode to the "soo" sault ste marie and saw the locks. I blazed the trails this mouring. Also it is a must to run iso-heet in your f7. My fuel rail froze, then i flooded it once i got it unfroze. :angry: :rolleyes:. On monday the town is a ghost town. We also rode Lake superior. The lake had 5 feet of powder on it. The Powder PRO skis worked awsome. Ive never rode in snow this deep before, it was fun. I got the machine up on edge in the turns. This thing is so light you can just throw it around. :lol: I stayed @ the BW in Paradise, its a really nice place and its brand new.

Dont forget to stop @ the shel (Tinkers pit stop.) Really nice people there. Oh i met scott there, He is the owner of cabincam.net. He owns the webcam in paradise that has a link from john dee. com.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I bet those skis are awesome.. but I'm still waiting for mine. rode up in paradise too...... really wish I had those skis for breakin trail! Where at did you get onto the lake I will be going back up after this next rough, hopefully on wed nite.
Man I've been waitng along time for them skis.
By the way did you notice a light brown frost around the gas cap and mostly towards the back half of the cap. well I did and used iso and my sled wouldnt start when it got warm. after I quit using the Iso it starts always on fisrt pull.

Dave

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get access to the lake from white fish point which is north of Paradise. Or you can go south to where trail 8 meets the river and the lake. Just drive down the edge of the trail to the lake. There is a little road side park there too. I was told to stay away from the river because it doesnt freeze good. From the point to the park you should be ok. I would take the sway bar off the fcat if you plan to play in the powder for a while.

Saturday night i filled up @ the zephyer @ newberry and rode 45 miles back to the hotel. Sunday morning i pulled the rope 4 times and it started as normal. It ran for atleast 5 seconds and i began to walk away. When i returned 5 minutes later my machine was not running. I began to pulled the cord for ever and it wouldnt start. so we thawed it. Then pulled the rope 100 times with the plugs out and watched the gas just poor it because it was flooded. next day it started on the 2nd pull with iso in it. no problems.

·
Registered
889 Posts
for the sake of the rookies,or at least me,whats the low down on taking the sway bar off when riding powder.
What is involved in removing the sway bar?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts