Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sure we are leaving Saturday a.m. for Paradise. If the weather cooperates, which it looks like it will....Even if it is marginal, we are going, marginal, not shitty....Will make determination Thursday afternoon....

Have house in Paradise, girlfriend and myself are going. There are 3 bedrooms and the familr room has a pull out queen if anyone wants to meet us up there. We will be there at around 10:00 A.M. sat morning, and leaving Sunday afternoon....Riding all day Sat, and half the day Sun....Will most likely ride from Paradise over to Newberry etc...

Any interest, let me know.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yes ,let me get a hold of my brother, and we might go , let u know ASAP thanks

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yes ,let me get a hold of my brother, and we might go , let u know ASAP thanks[/b]
Got a hold of Him but he is going to be out of town this weekend, I would have to come by myself if thats alright ,unless there is someone else that wants to go. thanks

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a hold of Him but he is going to be out of town this weekend, I would have to come by myself if thats alright ,unless there is someone else that wants to go. thanks[/b]

Of course. Doesn't have to be couples....You have a room if you want it. Just make sure if you are going, you are sure you are going.

If you take a room, there is still an room, and the additional family room with a bed as well....Anyone else?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Boy i would love to come but the problem is i would have to bring my 2 nypho girl friends with me who love to walk around naked all day and do nothing but have sex, if this is not a problem were in. :banana:

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Boy i would love to come but the problem is i would have to bring my 2 nypho girl friends with me who love to walk around naked all day and do nothing but have sex, if this is not a problem were in. :banana:[/b]
Shouldn't be too hard to come with them around... :idhitit:

:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boy i would love to come but the problem is i would have to bring my 2 nypho girl friends with me who love to walk around naked all day and do nothing but have sex, if this is not a problem were in. :banana:[/b]

Ok, river and my girfriend are out, this dude and his women are in. :smilielol:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an email in to our realtor in Paradise. I asked her how the snow is, and what they are expecting...Will report when she responds....

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just spoke with our plow guy from Paradise...They got 10" overnight....He said I should call him Friday to see what happens after tomorrows warm up....He did say some places around there had more, and some less....He mentioned a "Rainbow Lodge", and said it is better near there....If right inside of Paradise is dicey, we can trailer out 1 miles or so to get to the better snow....Will have the sleds on the trailer anyway....Will keep an update on what I hear from up there...

He did make it sound kind of promising....

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok......Here is the decision......And it is a good one....

Going for sure. There is snow, but we may need to trailer out of Paradise 5 or 10 miles to get past any swampy areas, if there are any....As of tonight the temperature will be dropping, and remain VERY cold throughout the weekend. That gives at least 48 hours of VERY cold temps, as low as 8 Friday eve...For the ground to get firm, before we are on the trails. The initial plan would be to head out toward Newberry, or wherever the snow is best. Would of course come back to the house Saturday night...Riding again Sunday. We will be leaving Sunday afternoon around 5:00 for home...

One change from the intitial arrival time....My gf and myself are leaving tomorrow night (Fri.) rather than Saturday early...We will not be riding Friday night, but will be there Friday night if it is more convenient for some to arrive Friday instead of Saturday...We intend on being on the sleds and riding by noon Saturday. Earlier if it works out with whoever is going to go....But we can wait until noon so the Saturday morning trippers don't have to get up at a ridiculously early time to get there....

I will need a definitive answer on who and how many are going by tomorrow morning. We will need to talk about how to get to the house. It is very easy, but not well marked. It is 1/2 mile South of the light in Paradise, right off M123, on the water side.....Again, my contact info. is:

Erik Kranz

[email protected]

231-409-2643

river, please call Dave @ 810-422-3889. He has not been able to use pm's etc., and wants to see if you want to ride up together....He is near you...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This just in:

Paradise Area Groomers Report, January 11, 2007

I can actually say it looks like winter! At this time, we have between 10 - 15 inches of snow on the ground. The weatherman says that after a warm spell this afternoon, we will begin to get cold for this evening. We are expected to remain cold and get more snow over the weekend! After waiting for what seems like forever, you can finally start to get those rides in! The groomers have gone on a test run, and they are ready to go grooming!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Where did you find that info at? Are you on their "auto update" e-mail list? I'm going up too....staying at a buddies cabin about 10-12 miles northwest of town.....I sure hope they're right, cause this doesn't look too promising.... :banghead:

[attachment=283324:image1.jpg]

[attachment=283325:netcam.jpg]

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where did you find that info at? Are you on their "auto update" e-mail list? I'm going up too....staying at a buddies cabin about 10-12 miles northwest of town.....I sure hope they're right, cause this doesn't look too promising.... :banghead:

[attachment=283324:image1.jpg]

[attachment=283325:netcam.jpg][/b]

Well, let me say this about that....

I am on the auto update.

That webcam is right on M123, I recognize the house, I think it is actually the credit union....Which means it is only about 500 feet from the water...2 years ago in Naubinway, you could drive along the shore, and there was no snow. 300 feet to the North there was 2 feet....So, although that webcam shows small amounts, there could be twice as much 200 feet away. It is like that here in Traverse City as well. I am 2 miles from the water at work, and there is NO snow, I am talking green grass. My house is 3 miles form the water, I have about 2" on the ground. Other parts of Traverse City, most likely West, may have 5"...When you are as close to the water as Paradise is, the snow is just crazy inconsistent....That is why if we have too, we can trailer out 5 or 10 miles to find better snow to embark upon...

Some bad news for you if you are further up in Whitefish Point....Our plow guy said that near the point the snow is definately poor in comparison to further south and west....

We should all hook up?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I know what you mean by the snow being better away from the water....at my buddies cabin there is usually more there than in town. We arrived at my buddies cabin a couple x-mas's ago to find 3 feet of powder we hag to dig through to even get the front door open, when in town they might have had 1.5 feet. So, I'm hoping for the best. My buddy is heading up before me tomorrow and is supposed to call me with a live update of the conditions tomorrow afternoon.....I hope the report is good! :banana:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts