Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fuel pump took a dump on my kids 670x. The diaphragm has a hole in it and it leaks fuel through the vent hole on the top. Back in the old days, we could buy rebuild kits for such things. Now Skidoo says chuck it and buy a new one for $80(salvage wanted 15 for an old one). Is it even possible to get a piece of that clear mylar diaphragm material anymore, or do I pitch the funny looking paperweight in the trash. :wtf:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work out I could always start making a sculpture out of all the old broken sled parts lying around. That new convention center in Atown will be looking to spend 1 % for the arts here soon. BTW I guess there will be no trouble finding enough snow for the dog races or even a decent snowcross track this year at Rondy eh?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny you should ask.
We went with the quick and dirty fix @ snogo salvage. Took it up to Turny yesterday (whiteout!) The sled starts awesome for that 670 motor, runs great till wot, then it falls on it's face. Let it idle and she recovers after a bit. She seemed to climb and run at 1/2 throttle just fine. Just a wag but maybe the float bowls are going dry at wot. Do you think that new pump aint putting out enough juice to keep up with those 44s when they're opened up?????I was gonna try and take the diaphragm off the new pump and put it in the old pump housing. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
112 Posts
sounds like you are rich on the main, if it ran out of fuel you would have burnt it down , it was getting too much fuel

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
It does sound like it is running out of fuel and if you keep running it like it is you will do a burn down. Surprised it hasn't. Floats and things good? The 44's are big carbs but I think the pump should be able to keep up. Double check your fuel lines for kniks especially between the tank and pump.

I use to work on golf carts and I use to override the governor on the cart we used to go get stranded carts. Any way after fixing the governor issue the carts would run out of fuel. Cheap fix for this issue was a second pump.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[attachment=286408:summitx.jpg]We bought this from a friend who said it ran great. This was the first time we have ridden it, and since I messed with the fuel pump thats my guess. I suppose the DPM could be suspect as well since the impulse line wyes off to the air pump. Will mess with it this week and take it for a rip up Eagle River later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.