Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they dont sell a screen kit of the 660s so im stuck with painting the ones that are in it already my original thought was a silver/ chrome sort of thing but i was looking at a picture of my sled and wondered if white might look better so looking for some feed back and all the guys that think i shouldnt bring anymore attention to the front of my sled can just shut up lol :doh: any of you photochop guys that can color the screens and show me what both options would look like would be appreciated i have the pics if needed for the photochop

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i kind of wanted to break it up a little it definitely has its fair share of red already

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol apparently everyone is observing the "dont bring any more attention to the front of that sled" option :lol2: :smilielol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree. Go with White or Chrome. I like the idea of breaking it up. This would be similar to having Orange screens with the Green T660. It will look great.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks fair ...any opinions on which might look better out of white or chrome? keep in mind i ll be using spray paint so i dont really know how good a chrome paint will look last time i used chrome paint was when i was about 8 yrs old building model cars and it pretty much was just silver paint

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Krylon makes a chrome paint that is phenomenal--try it on a junk piece of plastic first.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went with the chrome it does look silver but still looks pretty good

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Looks very nice head on. :div20: Did you use the Krylon paint?

Edit: I am using it for 'rechroming" a 73 Panther I am restoring.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the store i went to didnt have krylon (only a few colors)so i ended up going with duplicolor i think i dont think the paint will stick to the plastic that well so now that i know i like it i might order new screens for it and sand them down or look for the fusion paint (i think from krylon made for plastic) in chrome but we ll see about the durability of the paint i guess

now that i think of it i should have gone and bought model paint they always have chrome spray paint and it probably would have stuck to the plastic better

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Testor Paints. Silver then coat with clear enamel. Just 'candied' a spare Chevy bowtie for my truck in red. Have not tried the Fusion paint yet.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I like it with the silver/chrome screens, at first i thought go red, but this was definately the right choice. BTW, have you polished that tunnel to match the crome windshield and light covers?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The silver/chrome paint I am using for my resto project is made by Rustoleom. I did polish the tunnel using Flitz and a Flitz ball. Came out ok--polishing it shows all the dents and pings earned since 1973 though. My other sleds the tunnels are black as well as the rail.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by maceng@Sep 13 2005, 07:48 AM
I like it with the silver/chrome screens, at first i thought go red, but this was definately the right choice.  BTW, have you polished that tunnel to match the crome windshield and light covers?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=872362
[/quote]

:smilielol: :lol2: lol it took me two years just to paint the screens you have any idea how long it would take me to get the motivation to polish the tunnel? but since you mention while i was painting the screens i was thinking about it but to be honest detailing isnt really my thing and i dont really have a clue how to polish it ...how long does it take?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I've never done a tunnel before, but many guys here have. From what's been said, it should only take a few hours to get it nice and clean. You can buy aluminum polish at any automotive store. I did the guard on my exhaust a few years ago and it looked like a mirror. The shine lasted until I sold the thing too (about a year). Last year when I had the turbo for a week, I noticed that a polished tunnel would really set the machine off.

You can see here that the tunnel almost takes away from the chrome windshield.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Originally posted by sfairbro@Sep 9 2005, 02:43 PM
I agree.  Go with White or Chrome.  I like the idea of breaking it up.  This would be similar to having Orange screens with the Green T660.  It will look great.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867452
[/quote]
oh like this :div20:

·
Registered
151 Posts
If interested in polishing your tunnel, look at the general discussion board. I noticed a thread there today. Have seen various products to use, but most say the Fitz ball is the way to go for sure. There are pictures there and some tunnels look like your chrome windshield for sure!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts