Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock pipe is getting rusty what kinda paint can i use that will hold up to the heat and not rust.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i would spend the extra money and get it ceramic coated.Well worth the money and it dont rust,and it looks good

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Look for the 1500 degree stuff. Auto parts stores sell it. The 1200 degree paint is not good enough.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The trick to have a lasting job is,what ever you do,sand blast or sand it,before you paint it,take a small propane torch and heat it up a little,you will see the humidity of the metal evaporate it's pretty cool,and then paint it wile it's a little hot,it will last much longer
:div20:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Just painted the wifes 440 pipe and can. I used Dupli-color engine paint with ceramic. It turned out pretty good. I used a wire wheel to get it all cleaned up and then painted it. Just got it put back on last night. :div20:

·
Registered
371 Posts
last year i used some ceramic 1500* engine paint looked awsome when i ran it this past winter it all burned off and it is the worst smelling stuff and it made the pipe look like hell so i would stay away from painting it and go with ceramic coating

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
your ceramic paint won't last, been there done that, use the PJ1 as someone mentioned.

FF

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Someone on her mentioned John Deere Exhaust paint is excellent.

Me ceramic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts