Hardcore Sledder banner

PAC at idle

925 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  bill 
#1 ·
Installed speedwerx1000 kit today. Idle pressure is 46PSI on a 2005 F6. I havent had a chance to test at WOT( 1 yr. old sleeping) but the idle pressure doesnt drop when you decrease the fuel flow. Why would it stay the same at idle and is this suppose to work this way? Does 46 seem high? I've heard it may drop some at WOT but it appears to be a little high and should benefit from the PAC. I believe its hooked up right. From fuel tank the reducer comes first then the guage then out to fuel rail. Its a under the hood mount. Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
dito. only drops at wot because the motor is calling for more fuel than the restrictor valve is letting by therefore you see a drop in pressure after the restrictor valve eliminating the rich top end. don't go too lean for trail use though. have fun and good luck

G
#9 ·
a commercially available gauge might vary + or - 10% from actual, so don't get nervous about a high or low reading based up on what a cheap gauge tells you. Accurate, calibrated lab guages cost 10x as much, we use them here for all critical applications.

#10 ·
Jim, I'm not doubting your test gauges are more accurate but +/- 10% on a commercial gauge is not correct. Most of the gauges are rated 2/3/2 meaning that on a 60 psi gauge the 0-20 psi range can vary by +/- 0.4psi max, 20-40 by +/- 1.2 psi from nominal and 40-60 by +/- 1.2 psi.

#11 ·
Actual pressure for an EFI F series is supposed to be between 42 and 44 lbs using a quality guage. Fuel pressure will not drop on a stock fuel system from idle to W.O.T. because the regulator senses the need and lets more fuel volume through to keep pressure. A reducer system makes the pressure drop disappear to the Stock regulator, because it is metering the flow inline.

#12 ·
Originally posted by Saber7cat tech@Oct 19 2005, 08:14 PM
Actual pressure for an EFI F series is supposed to be between 42 and 44 lbs using a quality guage. Fuel pressure will not drop on a stock fuel system from idle to W.O.T. because the regulator senses the need and lets more fuel volume through to keep pressure. A reducer system makes the pressure drop disappear to the Stock regulator, because it is metering the flow inline.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941715
[/quote]
I dissagree . I have installed a guage on my sled, and fuel pressure most certainly does change as the throttle is moved. as the injectors open longer for the larger throttle opening the fuel flow increases and pressure DOES drop vissibly on an inline fuel pressure guage.

#13 ·
Originally posted by W.F.O.@Oct 20 2005, 01:18 PM
I dissagree . I have installed a guage on my sled, and fuel pressure most certainly does change as the throttle is moved. as the injectors open longer for the larger throttle opening the fuel flow increases and pressure DOES drop vissibly on an inline fuel pressure guage.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=943183
[/quote]
:div20: :div20:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.