Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 1/19/20 conditdions are fair at best. About 3-5 inches of snow. Rode the big pipeline from Cross Fork to Gaines and the trail along rt 44 to Black Forest. That was all ok because of the grass and leaves underneath. Tried a couple of the forest roads, but you just cut right thru to the ground. The ones without stones you could stand, but the ones with stones were really bad.

So, if you really want to ride have at it. Just dont expect anything

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. Was planning on coming up for a few days, but thought there wasn't enough snow so I stayed home. Your pictures confirm it is just to thin yet. Hopefully good snow will come soon!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I rode in Cherry Springs area, Billy Lewis Road, Lyman Run Road, Lyman Run Park area on Feb 12 and 13. There is plenty of snow there. The base and topcoat was smooth, consistent, and good. The snow is pretty dense so it will be resilient to sled traffic. Leaving Lyman Run Park (crossing bridge below the dam) the only bare spot was on one corner where water had washed out the icy base. Leaving the park the other direction (with lake on your left), the road is plowed until you get to the DCNR building. Then it is in great shape. I didn't make it to Potato City but I expect the conditions are fine there given the elevation. Based on the weather forecast and conditions there, it looks like it will be a great weekend for riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts