Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so it's been a long time since I've registered my sleds in NY. I'm trying to figure it out. Can it be done online and is it better if I join a club. Can this all be done online in a timely manner? Would like to leave by Friday. 2/28/2020.
Looked at DMV seemed confusing to me. Do I need to have my SS card really? Or do I just need my SS#?
No snow in PA this year and would like to get a ride in this weekend with the storm hitting now.
Thanks Tim :stirthepot:

·
Premium Member
20,009 Posts
You will need to join a club. The club gives you a number that you need to register the sled(s). That....or maybe it just costs a lot more if you don't join a club. You can join online, get the voucher online (with the number to register the machines) and use that, online through the dmv. Call a dmv early in the morning? Let me recommend the one in Cooperstown Ny. They are small. Usually not busy. Very helpfull in there. The Salisbury Ridgrunners club might have a websight where you could join online.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Where are you riding ? Where do you plan on coming up through. Which town and thruway exit ? You will need proof of valid insurance and it’s cheaper to reg. If you join a club. Not sure what you need to register it. If it’s already in your name I’m thinking a currant registration could be enough . That and drivers licence. But don’t quote me on that. If it was me I would bring all kinds of documentation. And just go to a dmv here and do it. No internet snafu. And get stickers right there on the spot. If you plan on riding old forge area you will also need to get a Webb pass can do that right in old forge. Not dmv. If not riding old forge area then you won’t need that

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably going to Mayville area. I've picked up the passes there in the past and they were very helpful. This was before the big price increase so club membership wasn't needed back then. Any recommendations on club support for that area?

PAFIRECAT from Duke Center PA used to have it all posted up on PA trail conditions but, PA trail conditions seems to be defunct. I think he's on HCS.
I'm a computer dummy . Is there a way to look him up?

I'm going to call Mayville DMV when they open to see if I can get some help there.
Thanks Tim :bc:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
yes it can all be done online and its not that hard, the bigger issue will be time, and that is due to if you fill out all info NOW< you should have it all done by your time frame
IF for any reason you cannot get a # from a NY snowmobile club, in time, not sure how fast that happens( I normally renew yr to yr)
but even if you don;t have a club # before doing the snowmobile online registration, you can still get the discount when you can produce it!
I'd start with joining a club online and seeing if they can get you a # to show your a club member (If not again, when you DO get one, you can contact the NY DMV again and prove it to them and get a refund on the discount )

this link will get you registered,

https://transact2.dmv.ny.gov/SnowmobileOutofState/

·
Premium Member
20,009 Posts
I'm all for supporting the area where you will ride, but if you need help and want it done today....Cooperstown dmv....Salisbury Ridgrunners. Over the phone.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just called the # for Chautauqua. Last report was 2/17 20 said rain and warm temps trails closed.:c-n:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just called the # for Chautauqua. Last report was 2/17 20 said rain and warm temps trails closed.:c-n:

Yup....I’m keeping an eye on the website, hoping they MAYBE get out to groom Friday and open em up by Saturday (best case scenario IMO). Then they will be closed again by Tuesday most likely !

Check out the ‘snow depth chart’.....it’s very possible they may not open at all, with all the wind, could be tree/branch problems, and not enough volunteers to help.

Cherry Creek area might be the best bet....unless you want to drive to Tugg Hill...there supposed to be getting 2-4 feet !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Chautaqua is having a blizzard interstate shut down there will be down trees and other issues from blizzard wind conditions they will have to deal with but would imagine they will be open real soon after they deal with it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts