Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing most you old bastards in here already had their grandkids tell them about the song with Post Malone

Watt (Post Malone's producer) told Billboard that he, alongside Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith and Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan, wrote and recorded the music for Ordinary Man in four days.
"The day after [the vocals for 'Take What You Want' were recorded], Ozzy texted me, like, 'I want you to make an album with me.' I was, like, that would be amazing, but can I do this? I picked up the phone and called up Chad Smith. I said, 'Dude, Ozzy just asked me to make an album for him. Are you down to do it?' And he said, 'Are you fucking kidding me? When?' Then I called up Duff McKagan from Guns N' Roses and he said, 'Are you fucking kidding me? When?'
"We wrote and recorded Ozzy's entire album, musically, in four days. There was no premeditation. The three of us just got in my basement, put on headphones, looked at each other, and wrote 12 songs, 10 of which constitute the album. It was magic. I don't even remember it. Then Ozzy came over to my basement to listen to the music. I played him all 10 tracks at full volume, and at the end he just goes, 'It's cool.' And my heart just fuckin' went into my gut. He was, like, 'I'll call you tomorrow.' Stands up, gets his cane, goes upstairs. I go, 'Oh my God, he hated it! What do I do?' He calls me the next day, like, 'Okay, so when do we start writing?' I sound like I'm making this up, but he comes over the next day, and we made Ozzy's entire album from top to bottom — all music, guitar solos, all vocals written — in four weeks. It's the proudest of anything I've ever been, because it brought the 12-year-old kid out of me again. Don't get me wrong, I love the pop music that I make, but this is what I feel like I was born to do: play rock guitar. I got to be fuckin' Randy Rhoads in 2019."

Ozzy's latest solo release

·
Registered
623 Posts
it kills me the amount of young people who say " Ozzy will owe his career to Post malone" or "that Ozzy guy is pretty talented, he'll make it big some day" or "I dont know who this Ozzy guy is but Post Malone found a great singer", WTF!!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
it kills me the amount of young people who say " Ozzy will owe his career to Post malone" or "that Ozzy guy is pretty talented, he'll make it big some day" or "I dont know who this Ozzy guy is but Post Malone found a great singer", WTF!!
No shit, LOL.

I had never heard of Post Malone until that tune.

And I'd never listen to the guy anyway, because I hate Auto-Tuned vocals with every fiber of my being. Either sing it, or don't.

·
Registered
623 Posts
No shit, LOL.

I had never heard of Post Malone until that tune.

And I'd never listen to the guy anyway, because I hate Auto-Tuned vocals with every fiber of my being. Either sing it, or don't.
Only reason I know about Post Malone is my 21 yr old daughter and 16 yr old son both like him. When my daughter talked about him I paid no attention because she likes weird obscure bands, my son however loves classic rock and alternative. He and I have seen Metallica, Red hot chilli peppers, Theory of a deadman, Green Day etc in concert so when he talked about Post Malone I at least listened to the song, its not a bad song, and I have no idea how Post Malone talked Ozzy into collaborating with him (I'm not sure how anyone has a coherent conversation with Ozzy, but thats another story) and I hope it bridges a big gap between younger people who've never heard anyone actually sing without autotune and old fucks like me

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Only reason I know about Post Malone is my 21 yr old daughter and 16 yr old son both like him. When my daughter talked about him I paid no attention because she likes weird obscure bands, my son however loves classic rock and alternative. He and I have seen Metallica, Red hot chilli peppers, Theory of a deadman, Green Day etc in concert so when he talked about Post Malone I at least listened to the song, its not a bad song, and I have no idea how Post Malone talked Ozzy into collaborating with him (I'm not sure how anyone has a coherent conversation with Ozzy, but thats another story) and I hope it bridges a big gap between younger people who've never heard anyone actually sing without autotune and old fucks like me
That's awesome you got to go to a Metallica concert with your son. Me and my wife saw them when they first opened the new US Bank Stadium in MPLS. They were the first rock band and almost the first band to play there. Some country band was the first to perform in the new stadium the night before. Previous to that I saw them in 1992 in the Metrodome when I was a sophmore in high school. This last time they almost looked like they belonged in a nursing home but they still put on an awesome show playing all their greatest hits. It was a last minute thing when some tickets became available so no hotel room. I got pretty buzzed up and drove home...I know not the smartest move but you can't go to a Metallica concert and not drink beer. The funniest part was some guy in the parking ramp as we were leaving. Somebody was holding up the line to pay and he shouted out " hurry up asshole !!! " Me and my wife still say it occasionally...LOL

Anyways, here some more Post Malone for ya:

·
Registered
4,923 Posts

Post Malone was a guitar player and singer before this... he never really took off.
But after he switched to more of a rap music style he blew up.

It wouldn't surprise me if Post Malone eventually incorporates more and more guitar and rock like style back into his music.

lmao :lol:
kids!

·
Registered
623 Posts
That's awesome you got to go to a Metallica concert with your son. Me and my wife saw them when they first opened the new US Bank Stadium in MPLS. They were the first rock band and almost the first band to play there. Some country band was the first to perform in the new stadium the night before. Previous to that I saw them in 1992 in the Metrodome when I was a sophmore in high school. This last time they almost looked like they belonged in a nursing home but they still put on an awesome show playing all their greatest hits. It was a last minute thing when some tickets became available so no hotel room. I got pretty buzzed up and drove home...I know not the smartest move but you can't go to a Metallica concert and not drink beer. The funniest part was some guy in the parking ramp as we were leaving. Somebody was holding up the line to pay and he shouted out " hurry up asshole !!! " Me and my wife still say it occasionally...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceaB4D0jpo&list=PLha6bdYiwEXYLcPEMhUdCPbYZ8wqaqwyH&app=desktop
There was no opening act for Metallica when we went, so before they came out there was some goofy comedian killing time and they asked for the oldest and youngest person in the audience to come down to the stage, the youngest was 7 and the oldest was 72. I thought going to a Metallica concert with your son was cool, but to have that big of an age range at the show was really cool!:fistpump2:

·
Registered
4,400 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceaB4D0jpo&list=PLha6bdYiwEXYLcPEMhUdCPbYZ8wqaqwyH&app=desktop
That's a great song and as far as Ozzy goes the man is pure legend! :buttrock:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
There was no opening act for Metallica when we went, so before they came out there was some goofy comedian killing time and they asked for the oldest and youngest person in the audience to come down to the stage, the youngest was 7 and the oldest was 72. I thought going to a Metallica concert with your son was cool, but to have that big of an age range at the show was really cool!:fistpump2:
I wanted to go to the US Bank Metallica show in the worst way, but didn't get to. They've been a favorite since the '80s but I have yet to see them.

I found out later that my then-77 year old uncle went with his grandson. They sent me this pic. Blew my mind that my uncle went.

Cool stuff, and I would have given my left nut to have been there with them!

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
I wanted to go to the US Bank Metallica show in the worst way, but didn't get to. They've been a favorite since the '80s but I have yet to see them.

I found out later that my then-77 year old uncle went with his grandson. They sent me this pic. Blew my mind that my uncle went.

Cool stuff, and I would have given my left nut to have been there with them!
thats awesome! my son and my only disappointment in the whole show was they didnt play "fade to black"

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,446 Posts
Since Metallica was brought up, anyone go to the concert at the Metrodome (I called it the BIT - Big Inflatable Toilet) when they OPENED for Guns-n-Roses? Early 90's with the huge storm going on outside?

During the song Ride the Lightning, it was actually flashing lightning outside, you could see it through the roof, and even the band members were pointing up at it as they were playing - super cool, something you could NEVER plan for.....

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
This shit kills me. And I mean the old dudes saying it not the young kids not knowing Ozzy.

It's OK for some old man to only know of Post because of this song but not OK for some kid to only know of Ozzy because of this song. It's typical old grumpy man that kids these days are ruining everything.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,656 Posts
Never heard of post whoever

·
Registered
623 Posts
Why hasn't anyone else mentioned, if OZZY can make it to 71, why can't the rest of us! LOL
Ozzy, Mick Jagger, Kieth Richards, Steven Tyler, Brian Johnson, Chuck Berry, Willie Nelson, Aretha Franklin, Charlie Watts, Graham Nash,Eric Burdon, all in their 70's and still going, even Neil Diamond was still touring til last year. Some of these guys werent known for being partiers, but some of them have used so much drugs and alcohol its amazing their still alive. They make James, Kirk, Lars and Robert from Metallic seems likes babies. (all in their mid 50"s):buttrock:

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Ozzy, Mick Jagger, Kieth Richards, Steven Tyler, Brian Johnson, Chuck Berry, Willie Nelson, Aretha Franklin, Charlie Watts, Graham Nash,Eric Burdon, all in their 70's and still going, even Neil Diamond was still touring til last year. Some of these guys werent known for being partiers, but some of them have used so much drugs and alcohol its amazing their still alive. They make James, Kirk, Lars and Robert from Metallic seems likes babies. (all in their mid 50"s):buttrock:
:buttrock:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:buttrock:

Ever wonder how many times his own body weight worth of drugs keith has consumed??

If one man has well and truly astounded the medical community, it is Ozzy Osbourne, now 68, the former front man of early doom metal pioneers Black Sabbath and a hugely successful solo artist in his own right. According to a 2015 article, the singer’s genome reveals how he survived 40 years of rampant drug and alcohol abuse. For instance, researchers observed a mutation on the gene ADH4, a gene linked to alcohol and drug abuse, which may have allowed Osbourne to break down alcohol more easily than the average human.[10]
With that in mind, Ozzy’s four decades of nonstop benders involving alcohol, acid, marijuana, heroin, cocaine, Valium, Vicodin, and an astounding cocktail of amphetamines, tranquilizers, barbiturates, painkillers, and sleeping pills would have apparently killed the ordinary human being. According to his wife Sharon, “At the end of the world, there will only be cockroaches, Ozzy and Keith Richards.”

Reactions: Al Czervik

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hey Bill, Aretha and Chuck are not longer with us

1 - 20 of 21 Posts